• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Aspen comics honouring Tuners legacy.....maybe NOT (rant)

318 posts in this topic

Man, what a fiasco.

Lost out on Artist Edition Set in Wave 1 as the site slowed down enough that by the time I completed checkout it had sold out, but did manage to snag a set in Wave 2.

Crazy how fast that site got bogged down,

don't add more than 1 set...or it boots you...I finally got 2 sets by only ordering 1 at a time with separate checkouts

Yeah, somehow I get the feeling that was meant to curb speculators... hopefully that wasn't the only obstacle and it actually restricted people to 3 per account (or else wouldn't you be able to make 60 orders of 1 comic each?)

I had to order the set three separate times because it wouldn't let me modify the quantity from 1 to 3.

Hope I get them..

For those of you who ordered the Batman from the site, how was the condition of the books?

I got 3 sets of the Batman artist edition and 3 sets of the colored (so nine books total), and I would say 50% came back 9.6 and 50% came back 9.8. They were pretty; it's just half of them came back with a color-breaking spine tick.

I had to order the set three separate times because it wouldn't let me modify the quantity from 1 to 3.

Hope I get them..

For those of you who ordered the Batman from the site, how was the condition of the books?

same, ill eat the extra postage to make sure I get them.

condition was a solid NM..super cheap paper, corners bend easy

Edited by krighton

was able to score 1 set with the 2nd wave. tried adding multiple, but as krighton mentioned was kicking me back out... tried going back to add 1, and i couldn't as the site mentioned sold out...

Color is the only one available right now

I didn't have any problem. I kept refreshing the homepage til they showed up and when it did I added 3 to my cart and purchased. I even paid through paypal which took me off page to sign-in to pay. Seemed like pages were loading a little slow, but other than that no issues.