• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Silver Age Hierarchy: Poll 10: 1st - 3rd

Silver Age Hierarchy - 1st to 3rd  

342 members have voted

1. 1. Silver Age Hierarchy - 1st to 3rd

58 posts in this topic

All,

The 4th to 6th poll has ended with the following results:

4th Hulk #1

5th X-Men #1

6th JIM #83

7th TOS #39

8th B&B #28

9th Showcase #22

10th Avengers #1

11th ASM #1

12th Daredevil #1

13th Avengers #4

14th FF #5

15th Strange Tales #110

16th FF #48

17th Adventure #247

18th Action #252

19th TTA #27

20th ASM #14

21st OAAW #83

22nd = FF#4 and Sgt Fury #1

24th ASM #3

25th JIM #85

26th Flash #105

27th Tec #225

28th= FF #52 and Green Lantern #1

30th X-Men #4

THE FINAL POLL:

2 votes this time to determine which books are 2nd, 3rd and by elimination what we deem to be the most important book of the Silver Age.

Please vote for the least important books.

Poll ends June 26th.

Love the poll(s) so far - but shouldn't this round be 1 vote only? I would think the majority of people will say AF15 is #1 - which leaves the option of voting for both SC4 and FF1, so it comes down to a tie basically - unless, someone only uses one of their votes instead of both - which some people will do and some won't because they feel the need to use both votes. So wouldn't it be easier for 1 vote this round to vote for #3 and 1 vote next round to vote for #2?

Love the poll(s) so far - but shouldn't this round be 1 vote only? I would think the majority of people will say AF15 is #1 - which leaves the option of voting for both SC4 and FF1, so it comes down to a tie basically - unless, someone only uses one of their votes instead of both - which some people will do and some won't because they feel the need to use both votes. So wouldn't it be easier for 1 vote this round to vote for #3 and 1 vote next round to vote for #2?

.... +1....... 2c GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Surprised to see Asm 1 so low at 11th place. I know it's not his first appearance but it is his 1st comic in the most important silver age ongoing series there is. Should have been 7 or 8

Spider-man was an immediate sensation and is the third (if not the second) most important creation in all of comic-dom of all time.

That AF 15 is the most important book of the SA is not even debatable.

-J.

So who are the 5 most important/popular super-heroes then: (1) Superman, (2) Batman, (3) Spider-Man, the first three are easy but #4 and #5 are tough: (4) Wolverine?, (5) Flash/Hulk/Thor/Iron-Man?

Voted off AF15 and Sho4.

Fantastic Four #1 is the most important comic.

:headbang:

Without the FF (and through them, Stan and Jack) starting the Marvel Age of Comics, there would be no Marvel Universe or other characters. It doesn't get any more important than that to this Marvel superhero comics fan.

I voted for both AF15 and SC4 placing FF1 at the top.

IMHO FF1 is the Key Marvel book of the silver age. It simply started it all...

I feel the first 50 or so issues of the FF compare well (story wise) to all the over books in the silver age and is possibly my favourite run of the era. It is also responsible for launching many of the great characters that later impacted on the Marvel universe. Without the FF we wouldn't have Dr Doom, The Skrulls, The Kree, Silver Surfer. Galactus, Inhumans, Black Panther, Him (Adam Warlock) and the Silver-age Namor. 2c

I feel the first 50 or so issues of the FF compare well (story wise) to all the over books in the silver age and is possibly my favourite run of the era. It is also responsible for launching many of the great characters that later impacted on the Marvel universe. Without the FF we wouldn't have Dr Doom, The Skrulls, The Kree, Silver Surfer. Galactus, Inhumans, Black Panther, Him (Adam Warlock) and the Silver-age Namor. 2c

I agree with everything stated, but who under 30 years old (myself included) actually cares about the FF4? I would be willing to bet most people defending the book grew up reading the Byrne or Silver Age run, but nothing of any consequence has been done on the title in nearly 30 years. Younger people need to have interest in these books for them to maintain value and interest.

I agree with everything stated, but who under 30 years old (myself included) actually cares about the FF4? I would be willing to bet most people defending the book grew up reading the Byrne or Silver Age run, but nothing of any consequence has been done on the title in nearly 30 years. Younger people need to have interest in these books for them to maintain value and interest.

I see your point... However, I am only 34 and see their relevance ;)

Spider-man was an immediate sensation and is the third (if not the second) most important creation in all of comic-dom of all time.

That AF 15 is the most important book of the SA is not even debatable.

-J.

So who are the 5 most important/popular super-heroes then: (1) Superman, (2) Batman, (3) Spider-Man, the first three are easy but #4 and #5 are tough: (4) Wolverine?, (5) Flash/Hulk/Thor/Iron-Man?

Have we done a poll of the most important superhero of all time?

In my mind this poll should end this way.

1. F.F.1

2.SC 4

3. AF 15

Agreed. That's how I voted. AF15 is the most important character today, but FF1 made it all possible to have the marvel world we have today.

By this rationale, SC 4 made FF 1 possible so SC 4 should be the most important (shrug)