• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

So Marvel already does the ol' two step on Captain America

45 posts in this topic

What? A Marvel plot twist turned out to not be as it seemed?

I feel almost as stupid as when I got that RIP BRIAN tattoo after the dog on Family Guy died.

A Marvel plot twist turned out to not be as it seemed?

In issue #1 Cap was revealed to be an agent of Hydra.

In issue #2, you learn WHY he is an agent of Hydra.

Steve Rodgers is currently an Agent of Hydra.

What's the problemo?

I feel almost as stupid as when I got that RIP BRIAN tattoo after the dog on Family Guy died.

What's the problemo?

I think the problem is that the conspiracy theory nuts think Nick Spencer is a communist and had changed Marvel's actual legacy into 'Cap was always a secret Hydra agent' and that everything that had been written before was a lie....

When in reality, it's yet another altered time line story. An enjoyably clever one, as I actually read #2 also and thought it was well done, but nevertheless...

People had fun discussing it, the death threats made us shake our heads, Marvel sold a whole lot of #2's, and we're right back where started.

You know... it's how our business works.

I just tell people... "you gotta pick up the next issue!"

What's the problemo?

Stop trying to be rational and make sense, Larry. You know that doesn't fly around here. :screwy:

What's the problemo?

I think the problem is that the conspiracy theory nuts think Nick Spencer is a communist and had changed Marvel's actual legacy into 'Cap was always a secret Hydra agent' and that everything that had been written before was a lie....

When in reality, it's yet another altered time line story. An enjoyably clever one, as I actually read #2 also and thought it was well done, but nevertheless...

People had fun discussing it, the death threats made us shake our heads, Marvel sold a whole lot of #2's, and we're right back where started.

Spencer certainly invests his personal leanings into whatever he writes. No conspiracy but facts.

What's the problemo?

Spencer certainly invests his personal leanings into whatever he writes. No conspiracy but facts.

So he's a true American patriot?

Captain America will have his reality altered to being a Hydra agent but in the end come back to the good old red, white, and blue?

Yawn.

Let's see: Captain America going against the political machine? Been done before.

A superhero rejecting the system and going all 'common man'. Green Lantern/Green Arrow with Denny O'Neil and Neal Adams. A classic. Been done before.

Corporations and politicians as villains? Holy moley, that's been done thousands of times.

Cap stops some people from killing illegal aliens.... (shrug) I thought that's what superheroes do.

Illegally crossing the border: bad

Killing people: Much, much worse.

Big yawn.

It's a freaking comic book.

What's the problemo?

Captain America will have his reality altered to being a Hydra agent but in the end come back to the good old red, white, and blue?

Yawn.

Let's see: Captain America going against the political machine? Been done before.

A superhero rejecting the system and going all 'common man'. Green Lantern/Green Arrow with Denny O'Neil and Neal Adams. A classic. Been done before.

Corporations and politicians as villains? Holy moley, that's been done thousands of times.

Cap stops some people from killing illegal aliens.... (shrug) I thought that's what superheroes do.

Big yawn.

Yeah Cap big yawn

Yeah Hulk big yawn

Yeah Iron man big yawn

Yeah FF big yawn what's the point you are trying to make here exactly? If its just a comic book and doesn't hold any importance then why do you keep posting about it?

What's the problemo?

You are correct - comic books should just stick to things blowing up and fisticuffs.

You are correct - comic books should just stick to things blowing up and fisticuffs.

Works for me. That's what I miss.

Just read bronze age books.

What's the problemo?

Yawn.

Big yawn.

Yeah Cap big yawn

Yeah Hulk big yawn

Yeah Iron man big yawn

Yeah FF big yawn what's the point you are trying to make here exactly?

You couldn't figure it out?

There are many different brands of decaffeinated coffee on the market today, but none of them taste as good as the real thing.

Sheesh! Learn to read between the lines.

If its just a comic book and doesn't hold any importance then why do you keep posting about it?

Where did I say it doesn't hold any importance to me?

Did you just make up something in order to criticize my post?

Why do you care what I post?

Ignore

What's the problemo?

Yawn.

Big yawn.

Yeah Cap big yawn

Yeah Hulk big yawn

Yeah Iron man big yawn

Yeah FF big yawn what's the point you are trying to make here exactly?

You couldn't figure it out?

There are many different brands of decaffeinated coffee on the market today, but none of them taste as good as the real thing.

Sheesh! Learn to read between the lines.

If its just a comic book and doesn't hold any importance then why do you keep posting about it?

Where did I say it doesn't hold any importance to me?

Did you just make up something in order to criticize my post?

Why do you care what I post?

Ignore

The whole premise in your long winded diatribe about nothing new with Cap, everything has been done before, yawn, yeah big fat hairy deal sounds like you don't want anyone to have raised issue with this at all.

That in a round about way comes across as nothing important is happening after all its just a redone, rehashed old hat. Nothing to see here attitude is my conclusion from all the posts you have made relating to this poor excuse for a plot / storyline or general attention span of a gnat number of issues therein Spencer uses as evidence for superb skill. Pass.....

FYI I couldn't care less about what you write anymore Chuck. You slam anyone that has a different opinion than you all the time on here. Double dog dare ignore.

Strange, because in a Comics General thread a couple of weeks ago I suggested that it could be The Cosmic Cube. However, I was also covering all the bases there by suggesting a Hitler clone as well. So, I'm not that insightful.

It's hilarious to criticize Spencer for putting his leanings into his writing but then justify using your own leanings to criticize Spencer's writing.

It is funny.

It's hilarious to criticize Spencer for putting his leanings into his writing but then justify using your own leanings to criticize Spencer's writing.

Maybe just write good stories instead of him postulating in a comic whatever he seems to be unhappy about in his life.