• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What do you think are some of the most undervalued comics out there?
3 3

194 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, F For Fake said:

I agree completely, but I think there's still a mental disconnect with a lot of collectors re: magazines. No matter how influential, how important, or how cool, a lot of collectors just don't seem to want to deal with them. There are definitely exceptions (as our own esteemed magazine forum will attest) and I feel like there has been some forward momentum on that front in recent years, but they still seem to lag behind their smaller, punier cousins.

I believe we will see that barrier for magazines fall eventually.  We are starting to see it fall for international editions.  I imagine someday, we'll be able to look across the entire spectrum of ephemeral products that contain comic pages and talk about comics collectively instead of categorizing them like they are now (pamphlets, paperbacks, international editions, magazines, etc.)  That is when the true awareness of what this hobby has to offer will really kick in.  What is the most popular comic today?  What comic fetches the highest price?  Which comics are truly rare?  I think the answers will surprise many comic collectors who are only aware of the American pamphlet market.

Edited by rjrjr

13 hours ago, 1Cool said:

Although not a comic - I've always thought high grade Vampirella 1s are way under valued.  Iconic classic cover and there is only a hundred or so graded copies 9.0 or higher.  Prices look to be on the rise but when you can get a 8.0 for $600 that seem low considering the significance of the book. 

Amen to that!

1 hour ago, batman_fan said:

The most under valued books imaginable are any I am selling so if you see me post anything for sell, buy it immediately at my full asking price.

:baiting:

jaw-dropping.gif

1 hour ago, Buzzetta said:

I remember picking up two copies of 1st Smurfs about three years ago.  I am glad I did as the current prices seem to have exploded.

I think you and I were in the same thread discussing the issues. I had a thread on here almost five years ago where I talked about how under appreciated these copies were. *pats self on back*

Edited by RedRaven

57 minutes ago, RedRaven said:
2 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

I remember picking up two copies of 1st Smurfs about three years ago.  I am glad I did as the current prices seem to have exploded.

I think you and I were in the same thread discussing the issues. I had a thread on here almost five years ago where I talked about how under appreciated these copies were. *pats self on back*

I remember that discussion. It was pointed out that the 1958 Spirou (Album) #69 includes both 1071 and 1072 (not reprints) in the official hardcover for Oct-Dec 1958.  Assuming you could get the glue off the spine, the highest condition copies of 1071 and 1072 are probably the ones that have been stored flat and protected by a hardcover for 60 years.

Edited by valiantman

16 hours ago, marmat said:

I never heard about Heronext. 

Is it a reputable dealer? 

What I know is that my copy is going to CGC right now. 

It’s a site run by a boardie.  @xomic 

I have bought a few books off there from him. Last I looked there are mostly consignments on the site now. 

Not exactly a comic but the Infinity Gauntlet Keepsake Collection should be generating more sales $$$ than it is IMO - especially unopened copies. There was only 5,000 of them and I think it might be a matter of people just not knowing it exists. And yes, part of my post definitely has to do with the fact that I have an unsealed one and was planning on selling it for......one million dollars!

ig.JPG