• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Curator ASM #1 9.6!!!!!

52 posts in this topic

It's the scan settings.

Bob; not only do the colors look totally different, the scan in this thread of the more recent slabbing has strange pixilation all over the floor where the Thing is standing. Scan settings can really present a different look that real life.

When I bought two Copies of ASM #1 from Dupcak many years ago, my first reaction to each was that they didn't look near as nice as his scans. They did grade out very close to what CGC decided, but they were, of course, both restored...

That pixelation is due to the browser, it's not in the scan. When you're zooming in and out of an image in heritage's viewer, it uses a less accurate method to display the image. Once you stop zooming, it picks a more accurate method. Here's an example. The first image is a screen grab while the less accurate image is displayed, the second is after I stopped zooming and it switches to the more accurate method.

th_Screen%20Shot%202016-07-01%20at%203.34.33%20PM_zpsntb4bfno.png

th_Screen%20Shot%202016-07-01%20at%203.34.37%20PM_zpskdrztkrn.png

gotcha - thanks... (thumbs u

How can this not be a top 10 SA book? Iconic cover.

Sorry but the CGC Boards have spoken... :sumo:

A top 10 book for sure. I've seen too many transfer stains on the front covers of HG Spidey 1s. This one is clean and free. Well taken care of.

How can this not be a top 10 SA book? Iconic cover.

Sorry but the CGC Boards have spoken... :sumo:

A top 10 book for sure. I've seen too many transfer stains on the front covers of HG Spidey 1s. This one is clean and free. Well taken care of.

Oh yeah, top 10 for sure. I don't care what the silver age poll here on the boards said.

Absolutely correct!

Hopefully this will end any speculation.

It's common knowledge that I am the owner as it was in my Registry set for 11 years since I bought it.

The original holder was very scuffed and slightly unsightly. I had thought about getting it simply reholdered for some time. So, I submitted the book directly to CGC and whilst it was going to be cracked open for a new holder, I asked CGC to carry out a Page Quality review only, as there was always a strong likelihood that the old label ow-w would be white, and so it turned out to be.

There is no shadow of any sort, inside or out - the book is beautifully clean. It has never been pressed to the best of my knowledge and certainly not during my ownership.

I can confidently say it is the 2nd nicest copy in existence, after Tom Brulato's 9.8!

Absolutely correct!

It's common knowledge that I am the owner as it was in my Registry set for 11 years since I bought it.

The original holder was very scuffed and slightly unsightly. I had thought about getting it simply reholdered for some time. So, I submitted the book directly to CGC and whilst it was going to be cracked open for a new holder, I asked CGC to carry out a Page Quality review only, as there was always a strong likelihood that the old label ow-w would be white, and so it turned out to be.

There is no shadow of any sort, inside or out - the book is beautifully clean. It has never been pressed to the best of my knowledge and certainly not during my ownership.

I can confidently say it is the 2nd nicest copy in existence, after Tom Brulato's 9.8!

:applause:

It's the scan settings.

Bob; not only do the colors look totally different, the scan in this thread of the more recent slabbing has strange pixilation all over the floor where the Thing is standing. Scan settings can really present a different look that real life.

When I bought two Copies of ASM #1 from Dupcak many years ago, my first reaction to each was that they didn't look near as nice as his scans. They did grade out very close to what CGC decided, but they were, of course, both restored...

That is not pixilation that is the result of a very high resolution image being compressed and displayed small. If you enlarge on a high res screen and zoom in it will go away.

Absolutely correct!

Wow, thanks for the added insight. That is one fine book you have there. Hopefully it fetches a very nice price.