• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Early Superhero, GGA, and.... and a few Bakers!

131 posts in this topic

Eerie Avon 1947 - 1 — $585 —— on hold pending trade--- now officially traded

Ok, so this book is beat, and I finally found an upgrade - but still looking for a better upgrade

Only the artwork on this book is nic - rough shape with obvious moisture damage and staining. No odour that I can detect.

It looks like a tragic tape pull was filled in with pencil crayon. — which looks much lighter in hand (my scanner isn’t great)

Scan%20169_zpshvoxq2wv.jpeg

Scan%20168_zpsn48zncvl.jpeg

Four Color 29 — $165

Cover detached, major rips and pieces missing, writing on cover — incomplete — only 14 interior wraps, 14th detached from staple, 2 centre spreads missing

Another beater here… pages missing, cover detached.

Not sure how to price this one… but I think I paid more for it than this a few years back.

FourColor29_fc_zpspsq2fujz.jpeg

FourColor29_bc_zpsq2rir918.jpeg

Going Steady #12 — $650 ---- SOLD (I would love to find a really low grade of this)

This CGC 5.0 is one of only 2 on the census, the other being a 3.5 and this book doesn’t come up for sale often. I’m sorry to see this one go,

so please someone with an under copy make a deal with me

GoingSteady_12_fc_zpstpnm8g9b.jpg

GoingSteady_12_bc_zps7qcjdcee.png

Walt Disney Comics and Stories # 4 — $110

Detached cover, pieces missing from cover, 10- 28 and 35 - 44 pages missing inside - a beater for sure but a tough issue to come across and may make for an acceptable placeholder for WDCS aspiring completists…

share the plot of one of your favourite disney stories and this book is yours for $75!

WDCS_4_fc_zpso0fu1lrx.jpeg

wdcs4_bc_zpsjyr3bpjr.jpeg

Going Steady #12 — $650 ---- SOLD (I would love to find a really low grade of this)

This CGC 5.0 is one of only 2 on the census, the other being a 3.5 and this book doesn’t come up for sale often. I’m sorry to see this one go,

so please someone with an under copy make a deal with me

GoingSteady_12_fc_zpstpnm8g9b.jpg

GoingSteady_12_bc_zps7qcjdcee.png

Nice one!