• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

All New Wolverine Series and the 9.9 graded first appearance Nyx 3

29 posts in this topic

I been loving the new series and started doing some reading on her origins. After reading a few comics from the Nyx series I was interested in her first appearance price point. On Ebay someone is selling a 9.9 graded issue of Nyx #3 for 20K.

• How many of you are also enjoying All New Wolverine?

• Does a 9.9 Nyx #3 in your opinion warrant a 20K price tag?

hm

$5K would be about where I'd tap out. But then again, I've got my 9.6 up for sale currently. So a $20k sale for a 9.9 would probably make my price look even better.

value of a 9.9?

Well it depends on if it's the first 9.9, the second, or the sixth....

When the lone 9.9 NM98 sold for $12k (Back in '09) a 9.8 was going for about $250.

when the second one showed up on census a few years ('12) later it sold for around $6k partially propped by the increased value of the 9.8 ($350). Following some movie hype, and a bunch more on census, the latests sales have been aounrd $7500.

At the moment there's 10 of them on census. And a 9.8 is selling for $750, so the overall interest in the book will help keep the 9.9 value propped up despite there being 10 of them on census (Im guessing that the SS 9.9 is a resub of a blue 9.9

and we wont even talk about the effect the existence of a 10.0 has on the 9.9s

So if a NYX 9.8 is an $800 book, and there are ~1000 on census and there are 4 9.9s

by comparison

NM98 in 9.8 is about a $700 book, and there are ~2000 on census and there are 10 9.9s

So while the avaiable inventory of NM98 is twice, and the available 9.9s are also twice, we could ballpark that interest is also double

in 12 months there have been over 300 NM98s changing hands vs 124 NYXs

So double the market interest, double the inventory. makes me think that the two books would have about the same market value.

So $7500, or 10x, if it was rarer in 9.9 it'd be a higher multiplier, if more common in 9.9, it be a lower multiplier.

the ASM300 follows almost the same pricing...

9.8 is a $1000 book (with 800 on census), there are 10 9.9s on census, latest sale $12k, so that has a 12x multiplier, I think due to the fact that there are fewer 9.8s around, though I think market interest is also at fault since only 75 copies have changed hands in the last year... if there was more market interest I actually think ASM300 has some room to grow due to the relatively lowere number of 9.8s on census. I think the prior Venom appearances (thus leaving ASM300 with the "first FULL appearance" description also dampens it a litte.

I been loving the new series and started doing some reading on her origins. After reading a few comics from the Nyx series I was interested in her first appearance price point. On Ebay someone is selling a 9.9 graded issue of Nyx #3 for 20K.

Do you have a link to this particular auction since I can't seem to find it on eBay? ???

On Ebay someone is selling a 9.9 graded issue of Nyx #3 for 20K.

•  

hm

To each their own! (thumbs u

All I can say is that if somebody is willing to pay $20K for a copy of NYX #3, I sincerely hope it is because they want an uber HG copy of this book for their permanent collection and have no intention of ever selling it.

Although I thought the sale of a CGC 9.8 copy of Star Trek #1 for over $40K was absurd, it now looks like a bargain basement price as compared to the apparent asking price for this NYX #3. :screwy:

Remember that time when someone bought a Revival 9.9... then the Revival 10.0 popped up from the same seller. Seller was smart and started to sell the 9.9's before the 10.0 was revealed.

Good times... Good times...

That was fun.

On Ebay someone is selling a 9.9 graded issue of Nyx #3 for 20K.

•  

hm

Took a quick look at the other thread and I guess Tim has concisely summarized it best with his post, as follows:

There's nothing wrong with buying 9.8s, 9.9s or 10.0s. But what you shouldn't do is overpay for a book in those grades in the expectations that it will be and remain the best copy in existence, particularly if you're talking about a book that was published after 1975.

(thumbs u

• How many of you are also enjoying All New Wolverine?

hm

From the bitter relic who is #1 in 1988 and 2003: (*$@*&$%!^^*!!!! the "All New" Wolverina. Marvel is a joke these days.

As for the 9.9, there's four of them according to the census. Anyone paying 20 stacks for that book currently on eBay should and will be thoroughly disappointed in themselves in short order.

9.9 prices bewilder me. I can't see paying the price of a 9.9, when 9.8's are just as nice.

I will be honest... I came to the same conclusion. Somewhere I have listed my two 9.9 (they are the same issue but two variants) as a set for over $1000. I honestly want to see if they sell.

There are a couple of people watching... so if it sells that would be great. If not then so be it.