• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Opinion from the goldenage experts on my More Fun 55

17 posts in this topic

I posted this on grading and restoration, but wanted to get everyone's opinion over here incase you don't patrol over there. I'm on the fence on having the copy portion of the cover removed and then having in graded or just leaving it. I'm assuming either way it's a .5, but if I leave it will it be .5 purple? Any help on making my decision is appreciated. Thanks image.png[/url][/img]

I think that's a good call - my copy below has older moderate restoration but it's such an incredibly cool book that I don't mind at all.

Techniques have improved and it doesn't hurt to ask what they can do for you (depending how much money you want to put into it).

MF55.jpg

I think that's a good call - my copy below has older moderate restoration but it's such an incredibly cool book that I don't mind at all.

Techniques have improved and it doesn't hurt to ask what they can do for you (depending how much money you want to put into it).

MF55.jpg

nice copy, I do enjoy it so. Thanks for your reply. I'll keep everyone posted.

If you are planning on keeping it and leaving raw I'd leave it. At least it protects the paper underneath

It's just the color that bothers me. If you wanted to just enjoy it, make a high resolution color copy, take off the bad color piece and just slide the corrected color piece underneath. That way the pages will be protected, but it won't look like someone washed the top of the cover and left the bottom with the good colors.

You can probably remove the attached piece yourself, and the new color copy will not cost much. I've downloaded pages from the GCD in the past and had Kinko's or somewhere like that print it. I've only used with with framed pieces, but the page comes out well.

Something like this page, but place it under the real cover that is there (no glue)

20160712_142410.jpg

It's a wonderful book either way, congrats!.

I posted this on grading and restoration, but wanted to get everyone's opinion over here incase you don't patrol over there. I'm on the fence on having the copy portion of the cover removed and then having in graded or just leaving it. I'm assuming either way it's a .5, but if I leave it will it be .5 purple? Any help on making my decision is appreciated. Thanks image.png[/url][/img]

If you find it distracting or plan to sell it, I'd remove it (or have it removed). Otherwise I would be inclined to leave it.

You could look into professional restoration, which will be expensive, but might possibly be worth it.