• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Overstreet 46th Editon & SA Keys: Changes in the Hierarchy?

77 posts in this topic

Another year, and this week- another edition of the Overstreet Price Guide!

Any predictions for this year's Overstreet Price Guide in terms of the SA hierarchy? Will the top 20 books remain the same? Surprises?

Best,

John

I am talking only about the top 10 I do not know enough about the sales of the #11 to 20th spot to give an opinion. Maybe BB28 will pass JIM 83 and maybe TOS 39 will pass X-Men 1 but that is about it.

Every half decent and better DC and Marvel SA key should be ahead of JIM 83. :devil:

I am talking only about the top 10 I do not know enough about the sales of the #11 to 20th spot to give an opinion. Maybe BB28 will pass JIM 83 and maybe TOS 39 will pass X-Men 1 but that is about it.

Every half decent and better DC and Marvel SA key should be ahead of JIM 83. :devil:

hm

:o

No way. JIM 83 is awesome.

I always heard that Jim guy was pretty cool....... why all the hate?

Er, Jim is 83 now - THORoughly beyond his prime.

ASM 1 is a very slow grower I do not see this changing and in the long run I see it going down in ranking. Still a great book to own if you are a Spidey fan!!

ASM 1 is too polarizing to do anything but hang in the same area that it has for decades. Can't see is going up or down, even though it elicits strong feelings from people who think it's underestimated/total afterthought.

Er, Jim is 83 now - THORoughly beyond his prime.

Not well versed in the SA books, since I am much more familiar with the GA Top 100 myself.

Anyways, will still give a stab at the Top 10 for SA. I definitely see BB 28 moving alone into the Top 5 on its own. As for ASM #1, I see it dropping down to #7 spot behind JIM 83.

No other changes in the Top 10 and you can take it for what it's worth as I am not a tried and true SA follower. (shrug)

Not well versed in the SA books, since I am much more familiar with the GA Top 100 myself.

Anyways, will still give a stab at the Top 10 for SA. I definitely see BB 28 moving alone into the Top 5 on its own. As for ASM #1, I see it dropping down to #7 spot behind JIM 83.

No other changes in the Top 10 and you can take it for what it's worth as I am not a tried and true SA follower. (shrug)

Spidey 1 will always hang in there. Collectors who worship AF15 normally want the 1st edition of his own title. I see it staying the same but not losing any ground. 2c

Spidey 1 will always hang in there. Collectors who worship AF15 normally want the 1st edition of his own title. I see it staying the same but not losing any ground. 2c

I don't know. I wonder whether the modern trend of title-rebooting has softened the interest collectors once had in getting the first issue of historic runs.

I don't know. I wonder whether the modern trend of title-rebooting has softened the interest collectors once had in getting the first issue of historic runs.

If anything, that softens the demand for non-keys in the 1-441 run, but everyone always wants to own a #1.

With the entry point of an AF15 now at 6K, ASM 1 is a very "affordable" option to those who can't afford an AF15. For this reason I believe it will have staying power.

As I am selling off a big chuck of my collection, I recently found myself in the position of choosing between keeping my AF 15 and ASM 1.

I am keeping Spidey 1, for a lot of reasons. One of them is to keep the door open to someday re-collecting the run. I have found that I enjoy actively collecting more than just owning. As long as there are people who want to collect issues of Amazing Spider-Man, there will be demand for the first one!

If anything, that softens the demand for non-keys in the 1-441 run, but everyone always wants to own a #1.

In general, # 1 issues can still be a draw. Look at the Bronze Age Dr Strange # 1. It's the umpteenth appearance of the good doctor and although it contains some nice Brunner artwork isn't really all that noteworthy from a "key" perspective but people still want it.

Black Panther # 1 is another example.

Sometimes, people just want a #1 issue.

As I am selling off a big chuck of my collection, I recently found myself in the position of choosing between keeping my AF 15 and ASM 1.

I am keeping Spidey 1, for a lot of reasons. One of them is to keep the door open to someday re-collecting the run. I have found that I enjoy actively collecting more than just owning. As long as there are people who want to collect issues of Amazing Spider-Man, there will be demand for the first one!

Exactly the same for me. As soon as I meet a collecting objective, I just find something else to chase.