• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Finding Gold in San Diego

250 posts in this topic

I was seriously thinking of going to SD next year, but there`s been so much negative sentiment about SD in the various posts this year that I`m rethinking.

ComicCon is only ever as good as one's willingness to enjoy it. Certainly there are a bunch of negatives...it is hard to get a hotel, the crowds, the shrinking vintage comic area, the difficulties finding a restaurant at the end of the day. But there are also so many positives...the weather, the fact that there are still more collectibles under one roof at this show than at any other convention, the amazing people watching opportunities, the chance to reconnect with folks seen once a year. As I said earlier, our sales were way down this year from last and I still had a blast. I wouldn't miss this show for the world simply because I would hate now knowing what I missed. It would drive me crazy. My brain would itch. And now that you have teased that you were thinking of going, and now you are thinking about not going, well I will hate not knowing what I missed if you don't show up.

this year was my first time back at SDCC since 2012. It was probably one of my top 2 visits at this show. I agree with Bedrock - reconnecting with folks was my main focus this trip. :)

D66E9689-68C5-43BB-B104-E064E5015938_zpshsu89d1u.jpg

:o Rhichard your really small lol

Thats an awesome Astros Jersey!!

I was able to snag this on my last day at SDCC. After 12 years, I finally got a 3 back in my box. Thanks Rick :)

6175C8BE-83A2-452E-9F31-237AF80534DF_zpsse6ydvht.jpg

A free Coke Zero with every purchase. :cloud9:

Correction: No, a GA comic for every free Coke Zero given to Gator. :gossip::takeit:

I was able to snag this on my last day at SDCC. After 12 years, I finally got a 3 back in my box. Thanks Rick :)

6175C8BE-83A2-452E-9F31-237AF80534DF_zpsse6ydvht.jpg

Big congrats on that baby

+1

Superb pickup of a fantastic book that has nowhere but to go up from here. (thumbs u

What's the grade on that copy of Cap 3? hm