• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Awax 2016 SDCC report

246 posts in this topic

Everything here is in the convention center. I don't go out of it. You'd be amazed at what goes on outside of that place.

This is such a small part.

Truly something any comic fan should see.

I also seeing people say it's not about comics anymore

I small observation I had Sunday:

History: in the past, on Sunday's I'd go box diving ..trying to get deals.

This year at every - and i'm not exaggerating -every 20 to 50 % off trade box there was one two people deep BUYING stuff.

I saw more comic buying this year than I had in the past. I saw a normal family that usually on Sunday's are just there from freebies, this lady was buying a power girl T-shirt and she had some kind of comic in her hand.

I'm sure there's better shows for back issues. But there's still a strong comic presence there

I small observation I had Sunday:

History: in the past, on Sunday's I'd go box diving ..trying to get deals.

This year at every - and i'm not exaggerating -every 20 to 50 % off trade box there was one two people deep BUYING stuff.

I saw more comic buying this year than I had in the past. I saw a normal family that usually on Sunday's are just there from freebies, this lady was buying a power girl T-shirt and she had some kind of comic in her hand.

This is something I noticed at the Phoenix CC a few weeks ago too... middle-aged women buying comics, 8-12yo's (gasp!) buying comics, etc. Not that they appeared to be buying a lot, but something that seemed unheard of even two years ago.

Good overall report Awax (thumbs u