• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Unpopular Golden Age Opinions Thread!
10 10

729 posts in this topic

On 7/14/2024 at 7:40 PM, comicnoir said:

You naughty person, you have a 6.0.

:42482691_hugemoji2:

Spoiler

I've been waiting for an opportunity to use this new emoji...thanks so much for using "person" instead of "guy";)

On 7/6/2024 at 8:41 PM, Ryan. said:

I had a good solid dissertation ready to go but my motivation is low so I'll go with: they look nothing like Baker's other work and it baffles me that CGC notes Baker as the cover artist when it's so clearly not Baker.

Huh?! Why would you go to CGC for artist credits anyway? Jack Kamen is listed as the cover artist of Phantom Lady 23 at "Mike's Amazing World of DC Comics".

(shrug)

On 7/16/2024 at 11:59 AM, Hepcat said:

Huh?! Why would you go to CGC for artist credits anyway? Jack Kamen is listed as the cover artist of Phantom Lady 23 at "Mike's Amazing World of DC Comics".

(shrug)

I have a revised version of my dissertation ready to be posted on the Mike's Amazing World of DC Comics message boards. You can find me under the username "WhyIsItConfusingtoHepcatThatSomeoneIsDiscussingCGCLabelsOnTheCGCBoards6969".

This site:

http://www.mikesamazingworld.com/main/index.php

The Newsstand is a particularly fabulous feature. Pick a month, any month!

Sadly Mike passed away at a relatively young age late in 2023:

Mike had every DC comic published between 1959 and 2010 and was getting close to acquiring all the DC comics published going back to 1935 when he died:

http://www.mikesamazingworld.com/main/index.php?page=wantlist

:frown:

Edited by Hepcat