• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'PLANET COMICS' (is deserving of its own thread)
29 29

6,186 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Spyder! said:

Raw Planet 12 just added to eBay. Be careful! I’m quite sure the staples have been replaced although it is not disclosed in the listing. 

Good to know.  I was checking it out when it hit ebay

By the way, do you have some ebay alert type thingy that is spying on Planet Comics or something? You sneaky devil...

Edited by SamPool

9 hours ago, goldenacase said:

I picked this up last night paid a little more than I wanted.... but I have a thing for white paged Planets lol 

lf-7.jpeg

Very nice copy. Last book before the reprints started (albeit with great covers), then a brief sputtering gasp of new material, and finally with #73, no more.

I didn’t mean that to sound so gloomy! :flamed:

On 5/27/2019 at 5:27 PM, Spyder! said:

I’m very happy to check all the rivets off the list. Apart from the two of you, I’m not sure how many others there are.  Maybe jhutton still has his? I know of 4 or 5 other boardies that are super close to all the rivets.

Now I must be patient in assembling the rest of the run.

I still have them :)

2 hours ago, Spyder! said:

Happy to have this copy of 20 in hand. Love Zolne rivets.  I’m hoping it will grade higher than my 3.5.  Might be close. :wishluck:

867CEE4B-3EA8-461A-99B8-A42EEDC63636.jpeg

nice colors and a great cover (thumbsu

19 hours ago, eschnit said:

Anyone know who owns the Cosmic Aeroplane 65 7.0?...and if there are any other known pedigree 65s?  It’s interesting that not only is it missing from the Church collection, but almost every other pedigree as well.

I wasnt aware the Church collection did not include a Planet 65.

5 minutes ago, Artboy99 said:

I wasnt aware the Church collection did not include a Planet 65.

You might be right.  I don't know either way.  I just know it wasn't part of the group in the Event Auction from last year.  

1 hour ago, eschnit said:

You might be right.  I don't know either way.  I just know it wasn't part of the group in the Event Auction from last year.  

Doesn't mean there isn't one that has been in the past with certain books

5 minutes ago, comicjack said:

Doesn't mean there isn't one that has been in the past with certain books

I hear you.  More often than not, that kind of thing doesn't remain a secret though.  I mean the guys at Metropolis must have been told right?

14 minutes ago, Ricksneatstuff said:

I have been told there is not a Church Planet 65

Is this correct @Flex Mentallo and/or @jhutton2 @kelholt @adamstrange @Artboy99 ?

If it is out there and you enjoy copious amounts of money reach out to me please. :bigsmile:

The Planet run was sold by Chuck before he put together his catalog, making it difficult to verify. 

Chuck sold a number of comics early on and a neat cover like Planet 65 (which would have been cheap at the time) could have been picked up by someone of modest means.  It would probably not have a code and could be out there in the collecting ether, hopefully to be eventually discovered, though perhaps without attribution to the Church collection. 

Or Edgar Church may never have owned it.