• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'PLANET COMICS' (is deserving of its own thread)
29 29

6,293 posts in this topic

On 9/5/2024 at 7:21 AM, mwotka said:

Speaking of color, 18 has always had a wide variation in the background, between light blue and purple.  I've always been happy with the coloring on mine.  

Planet 18.jpg

Nice one and also one of my many favorites. The blue background would be subject to variation mostly due to the large amount of magenta (red) ink in it. This copy looks nice and probably very close to the original intent. 

One of my favorite threads, but I don't stop by enough! 

Man, seeing the CRAZY saturated colors on some of these is an experience! 

This is why we see so many lower-grade copies that look just as cool if not better due to the COLOR. 

The 12 looks SO much better with those deep blues. WOW! 

And that other 48? I don't know if the scan might be a little jacked (?) but I've never seen such a deep orange and a RED dress! All drool worthy. 

On 9/6/2024 at 12:14 AM, newshane said:

One of my favorite threads, but I don't stop by enough! 

Man, seeing the CRAZY saturated colors on some of these is an experience! 

This is why we see so many lower-grade copies that look just as cool if not better due to the COLOR. 

The 12 looks SO much better with those deep blues. WOW! 

And that other 48? I don't know if the scan might be a little jacked (?) but I've never seen such a deep orange and a RED dress! All drool worthy. 

Fair comment. I wont have time today, but when I can, I'll take some photos with my phone for comparison! [If memory serves me, those are both Heritage scans.]

On 9/5/2024 at 9:21 AM, mwotka said:

Speaking of color, 18 has always had a wide variation in the background, between light blue and purple.  I've always been happy with the coloring on mine.  

Planet 18.jpg

This is a super nice book 🤗 and rightfully happy with it.

You are right about the background color fluctuating between a light blue and more purple like yours. I’ve seen many 18’s and there is quite a range.

I think 18 looks great with either variation of color. Speaking of variation of color and how “next level” a FH book can look with full intended coloring, the strongest book I have ever seen for BOLD coloring is Flex’s Planet 18. It is a unicorn 🦄 and bags of skittles are jealous about how much color his book holds.

Edited by kelholt
Misspelling

On 9/6/2024 at 10:44 PM, Ricksneatstuff said:

My copy, former Toledo pedigree from what I’ve been told

IMG_9687.jpeg

Yes, it's the Toledo. When I owned it, the CGC label identified it as such. Whoever reholdered it did so after CGC 'de-pedigreed' all the Toledos. Why? Beats me! I understand the argument [insufficient high grade books to justify the ped] - but at the same time, it's like willfully erasing history.

On 9/6/2024 at 8:40 PM, kelholt said:

This is a super nice book 🤗 and rightfully happy with it.

You are right about the background color fluctuating between a light blue and more purple like yours. I’ve seen many 18’s and there is quite a range.

I think 18 looks great with either variation of color. Speaking of variation of color and how “next level” a FH book can look with full intended coloring, the strongest book I have ever seen for BOLD coloring is Flex’s Planet 18. It is a unicorn 🦄 and bags of skittles are jealous about how much color his book holds.

I remember having a discussion with you after I won it, about how inaccurate the original scan was [it made the purple seem almost black], and how hard it was to scan the book accurately. I thought - mistakenly - that it would be relatively simple to take some photos with my phone. This first one makes the purple look grey.

20240907_073258.jpg

I'm just drooling all over the place at these colors!