• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Does CGC grade on the spot at any comic conventions in Canada?

20 posts in this topic

Any help would be appreciated. I am thinking Toronto-Montreal-Ottawa?

Not that I know of. From what I gather it is too expensive and there are issues taking the equipment over the border. The fact that they are not in Toronto every year tells you that we don't provide the volume they need to make it worthwhile to set up.

No they don't, but if you are in that corridor Philadelphia and Chicago are very close drives that have onsite grading.

Jim

Thanks. It's for a family member that has a raw Avengers 1 that should grade CGC 7.0 and a TTA 27 that should grade CGC 4.0 to CGC 4.5. He does not like the idea of paying FeDex to send them there then again to get the books back. He may just have to sell them both raw.

No they don't, but if you are in that corridor Philadelphia and Chicago are very close drives that have onsite grading.

Jim

Thanks. It's for a family member that has a raw Avengers 1 that should grade CGC 7.0 and a TTA 27 that should grade CGC 4.0 to CGC 4.5. He does not like the idea of paying FeDex to send them there then again to get the books back. He may just have to sell them both raw.

They send witnesses every so often. It is great that you can submit books on the spot instead of shipping to them, but still need it shipped back. If you want it graded why don't you submit them through a local comic shop, they should be safe that way. I spoke to CGC on Friday and may announce in a couple weeks whether they will be setting up a booth and sending witnesses, but I doubt it. It is surprising that they aren't especially with the amount of talent that is present this year.

Jim

They send witnesses every so often. It is great that you can submit books on the spot instead of shipping to them, but still need it shipped back. If you want it graded why don't you submit them through a local comic shop, they should be safe that way. I spoke to CGC on Friday and may announce in a couple weeks whether they will be setting up a booth and sending witnesses, but I doubt it. It is surprising that they aren't especially with the amount of talent that is present this year.

I think he will set up a booth in Ottawa next year he has hundreds of books from the 1960's, 1950's and 1940's most of them are Walt Disney books but he has a few keys as well. Most of his collection are in very nice grade so I think this would be best to get the maximum out of his collection.

I submit some of my raw books through Paradise Comics.

I assume you would still have to pay for the shipping charges then, unless you are planning to sell the books through Paradise? ???

They spread the shipping over all the books they receive, so it isn't bad.

They did once in 2009 but that was the only time that I can remember. It was a Wizard show.

They did onsite at Baltimore but that's about as east coast as it gets nowadays.

Jim

Your family member would rather sell them raw then ship them to get slabbed? Uff da. Did you tell him how much money hes going to lose by doing this?

Jim

Your family member would rather sell them raw then ship them to get slabbed? Uff da. Did you tell him how much money hes going to lose by doing this?

I did but he does not like the idea of only been able to insure the package for 1000$ without buying private insurance that costs a bundle.

Jim

I did but he does not like the idea of only been able to insure the package for 1000$ without buying private insurance that costs a bundle.

I am pretty sure with Canada Posts more expensive services you can pay extra to insure it for however much you want.