• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Thinking of teaching a class on "investing" in comics....

99 posts in this topic

....gotta say, it is getting just about absurd around comic land these days, with all these "investment" questions, and hopes and dreams and such...

there is a way to make money in comics, and it is a closely guarded secret only known to very few... I wonder if I should offer a course (for a substantial fee, of course)..

hm

Will there be recess? Do you have monkey bars?

....gotta say, it is getting just about absurd around comic land these days, with all these "investment" questions, and hopes and dreams and such...

there is a way to make money in comics, and it is a closely guarded secret only known to very few... I wonder if I should offer a course (for a substantial fee, of course)..

hm

Will there be recess? Do you have monkey bars?

lets talk

Are refreshments provided during the course?

I want a carton of milk and a cookie before naptime. :sumo:

hm

Would there be a set of lessons available on cassette? :wishluck:

ive a double deck...lets talk bootleg...

Whitelock University: Making Comics Great Again !

(What could go wrong?)

name spelling. You are expelled. Whitelock I tell ya!

Yikes... corrected

I'm in, just trying to figure out what a "substantial fee" is...

Which one of these best fits?

My favorites: "stinking rich" and "large and filling."

sub·stan·tial

səbˈstan(t)SHəl/

adjective

adjective: substantial

of considerable importance, size, or worth.

"a substantial amount of cash"

synonyms: considerable, real, significant, important, notable, major, valuable, useful More

"substantial progress had been made"

sizable, considerable, significant, large, ample, appreciable, goodly

"substantial damages"

strongly built or made.

"a row of substantial Victorian villas"

synonyms: sturdy, solid, stout, thick, strong, well built, durable, long-lasting, hardwearing

"substantial oak beams"

(of a meal) large and filling.

important in material or social terms; wealthy.

"a substantial Devon family"

synonyms: successful, profitable, prosperous, wealthy, affluent, moneyed, well-to-do, rich; More

informalloaded, stinking rich

"substantial landowners"

concerning the essentials of something.

"there was substantial agreement on changing policies"

synonyms: fundamental, essential, basic

"substantial agreement"

real and tangible rather than imaginary.

"spirits are shadowy, human beings substantial"

synonyms: real, true, actual; More

physical, solid, material, concrete, corporeal

"substantial beings"

Origin

Middle English: from Old French substantiel or Christian Latin substantialis, from substantia ‘being, essence’ (see substance).

Wow G.A is really being mocked for this idea. There are already plenty of courses that teach people how to make money outside of comics everything from How to private label to sell on Amazon, Selling ebooks on Kindle, How to monetize a blog ect... Why not one for comics? Why not one for sports cards or coins? Mention money and comics in the same sentence and hardcore collectors roll their eyes but the truth of the matter is that we all want our books to sold for more than what we paid for it. This hobby is very divided and each side doesn't like the other sides opinion. Fan/Reader vs the Reseller/Investor. Neither is wrong.

Mention money and comics in the same sentence and hardcore collectors roll their eyes but the truth of the matter is that we all want our books to sold for more than what we paid for it.

WRONG! I want to be buried like an Egyptian pharaoh, surrounded by my comics and statues. "Sell" does not factor into the equation.

...and I want a life-sized Captain America statue with my face on it mounted above my headstone. :grin:

hm

If don't think I have the time to finish another bachelor so was wondering if you plan to offer an associate degree?

Wow G.A is really being mocked for this idea. There are already plenty of courses that teach people how to make money outside of comics everything from How to private label to sell on Amazon, Selling ebooks on Kindle, How to monetize a blog ect... Why not one for comics? Why not one for sports cards or coins? Mention money and comics in the same sentence and hardcore collectors roll their eyes but the truth of the matter is that we all want our books to sold for more than what we paid for it. This hobby is very divided and each side doesn't like the other sides opinion. Fan/Reader vs the Reseller/Investor. Neither is wrong.

I've been trying to not put my two cents in, but I will butt in anyway.

Rick is probably the best person to front an endeavor like this,his qualifications are immense.

Sure does beat all the millions of YouTube videos that preach bad advice.

Go get em Rick. :headbang:

Rick is probably the best person to front an endeavor like this,his qualifications are immense.

I thought the pile on was because Rick was joking?

He was? Damn it's hard to tell sarcasm on a message board. :sorry:

He was? Damn it's hard to tell sarcasm on a message board. :sorry:

I know what you mean. I am not 100% sure he was joking.

As long as the "Ask Gator" thread is running, I'm not paying for a master class. Why buy the gator when you can get the gator milk for free?

(Please don't actually "milk" Gator.)