• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Record Magazine Prices - Throw out your Overstreet Guide!
11 11

1,155 posts in this topic

On 11/2/2023 at 2:54 PM, bounty_coder said:

Hard to tell, but with the foxing/discoloration on a smaller sized book like there there is no way it is NM by CGC/CBCS standards...

I don't know guys. That looks like a legit copy, in fairly good shape.

I had been watching this listing for over a year, since before I got my own After Hours #4 for $145 about a year ago now.  This one finally sold for a best offer of $1,700, according to 130point.  It's not even in particularly good condition, and missing the top staple according to the description.

I think it's kind of cheating to call it "Famous Monsters #0," but I guess they got paid for it.

image.thumb.png.f14cb738715d0ced7d31791749b2301f.png

LINK

Edited by Axe Elf

On 12/28/2023 at 9:34 PM, Axe Elf said:

I had been watching this listing for over a year, since before I got my own After Hours #4 for $145 about a year ago now.  This one finally sold for a best offer of $1,700, according to 130point.  It's not even in particularly good condition, and missing the top staple according to the description.

I think it's kind of cheating to call it "Famous Monsters #0," but I guess they got paid for it.

:whatthe:

LINK

:whatthe: :whatthe: :whatthe:

The other 9.8 has back cover color loss at the spine edge and edge wear on the back lower edge at the open end. The front is lovely and better centered than this one. This one has a superior back cover, but appears to have some color break at the lower right front cover. Any of these defects for me personally would disqualify a 9.8 grade on either one. I suppose if I were grading at CGC, I would be despised by submitters. 

EDIT:  Eh, never mind.  Like a regular comic book reader, I was looking at the pics and not reading the text.

Edited by Axe Elf