• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What was your first CGC slab?

92 posts in this topic

I have absolutely no idea.

I caught the OA bug & discovered ebay around the same time in late '99, and started buying slabbed books on the side a bit later.

I can remember my first piece of art but not my first CGC book.

Harbinger 1, 9.6

Treated with care by the postal services so that it was received in perfect condition with a slab crack and detached cover.

My dad took me out on my 18th birthday and bought me my first slab (the slabbing age was 18 back then). That first shot of Jack started me on the long long path of my lifelong addiction.

:devil:

After finding these boards and getting back into collecting I joined and sent in my first four freebies

TheAvengers_zpsb688938a.jpg

X-Men_zps5f90d209.jpg

CaptainAmerica_zpsc46ebea3.jpg

IronMan_zps2991f819.jpg

I only own two slabbed books and I only bought them because the price was right and I needed them to complete my runs of the two titles.

PURCHASED PREVIOUS TO 2009

2ekkkcz.jpg

PURCHASED IN 2009

316ahs8.jpg

why is this a 1.8??

Action Comics #29 CGC 4.0 Purchased in 2004 by my wife as a Christmas present. .

Still got it?

Would be cool to know who still has their first slab.... :popcorn:

I still have my first slab....DD 131 first bullseye,7.5 old label.

Batman #227. Brought it at a show back in 2000, probably paid $25-$35 for it. Sent it off shortly to this new company I heard of called CGC. It came back 9.0. Sold it about a year after that on ebay for not much more than I paid + grading cost. I see a 9.0 on ebay now for $1K.

Ohhhhh to go back in time.