• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What was your first CGC slab?

92 posts in this topic

I sent in books before I ever bought one graded. I sent in 4 Hulk 181's at the end of 2000 and sold all 4 on ebay. My first Purchased already graded was ASM 122.

Had to be an early ASM... might have been a 2, 6, 14, 17, 23, 27, or 50

I actually still have all of them. I rarely get rid of ASM undercopies under 50 or key books.

Wolverine Limited Series #3, red label modern 9.8. Bought way back in 2000.

The book remains with me to this day, except its now a triple signed SS 9.8 (Rubinstein, Miller, Claremont).

Bought, not submitted?

From our own Tom Moore, a 9.0 FF #77. Old label loveliness!

If it was one of Tom's old books, I'm sure it looks better than a 9.0.

You know it! Tom's got a helluva eye for great presenters.

I bought a 9.8 of the sketch cover to the 2003 Teen Titans book in 2003 because I had just discovered this board and wanted to know what all the hoopla was about.

I immediately sold it because I didn't give a mess about teen titans or owning CGC books at the time.

Not much has changed since then (except I have around 5-10 slabs at any time...rotating door, and all that). It did make me realize how bad of a grader I was back then and I think it's done the hobby an amazing service in trying to normalize grades among lots of sellers/buyers.

Action Comics #29 CGC 4.0 Purchased in 2004 by my wife as a Christmas present. .

This = winning the lottery

..... I had intended to only buy this one and no other comics. To my wife's horror, I just kept buying after this.

This = reality