• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CLOSED for Business! Junk Pile Sale! Summer Madness Mags, Premiums & Old Comics!

117 posts in this topic

OK, boys and girls, I've reached the last book of the thread. I can't believe I've got 'em all on today. I just want to go junking tomorrow and unless I score a big pile of funny books, this will be it for this time...

I listed a couple of these last and didn't have time to scratch my nose and they were sold. Probably sold them too cheap but I made some boardies very happy.

This will be the last time I offer one of these on the boards so if you want it, hit the trigger fast...

Margie Comics #36 June 1947 Timely/Marvel Publications

This is not noted in Overstreet. Contains the classic story "Margie's Big Date" It features and pictures a young Stan Lee throughout the story. Margie goes to the Marvel offices to complain about her comic and Stan takes her to an adult nightclub where she embarrases him.

This is a nice,clean, tight complete copy. Has a small piece of old tape that mends a tear at bottom left front cover. There is a light stain at bottom of her face. Tiny chip out at top of right corner of cover. There are several bends and light creases on both front cover and back cover. Single staple has a small tear but is still hanging on as well as a tight centerfold. Interior paper is very lightly tanned but supple and easily handled.

The word is out about this book. It is a perfect candidate for a Stan signature. I had him sign a few copies (in ballpoint pen at the bottom of the story) many years ago when he did it for free. He got a real kick out of it because he had totally forgotton about the book. I believe I called him a dirty old man which really made him laugh. It was my Stan Lee moment and a whole lot of fun. With Stan announcing his swansong as far as signings go, I can't think of a cooler book it get signed. This is the last copy I will be selling on the boards. So buy it or try and outbid me next time one comes up for auction which is rare.

WAS $250. NOW $175.00

margie36a_zpsgsign29w.jpg

margie36b_zpsykylzern.jpg

margie36c_zpsy5dpivvz.jpg

margie36d_zpsylrg4td5.jpg

margie36b_zps76nxwy2v.jpg

:takeit:

OK, boys and girls, I've reached the last book of the thread. I can't believe I've got 'em all on today. I just want to go junking tomorrow and unless I score a big pile of funny books, this will be it for this time...

I listed a couple of these last and didn't have time to scratch my nose and they were sold. Probably sold them too cheap but I made some boardies very happy.

This will be the last time I offer one of these on the boards so if you want it, hit the trigger fast...

Margie Comics #36 June 1947 Timely/Marvel Publications

This is not noted in Overstreet. Contains the classic story "Margie's Big Date" It features and pictures a young Stan Lee throughout the story. Margie goes to the Marvel offices to complain about her comic and Stan takes her to an adult nightclub where she embarrases him.

This is a nice,clean, tight complete copy. Has a small piece of old tape that mends a tear at bottom left front cover. There is a light stain at bottom of her face. Tiny chip out at top of right corner of cover. There are several bends and light creases on both front cover and back cover. Single staple has a small tear but is still hanging on as well as a tight centerfold. Interior paper is very lightly tanned but supple and easily handled.

The word is out about this book. It is a perfect candidate for a Stan signature. I had him sign a few copies (in ballpoint pen at the bottom of the story) many years ago when he did it for free. He got a real kick out of it because he had totally forgotton about the book. I believe I called him a dirty old man which really made him laugh. It was my Stan Lee moment and a whole lot of fun. With Stan announcing his swansong as far as signings go, I can't think of a cooler book it get signed. This is the last copy I will be selling on the boards. So buy it or try and outbid me next time one comes up for auction which is rare.

WAS $250. NOW $175.00

margie36a_zpsgsign29w.jpg

margie36b_zpsykylzern.jpg

margie36c_zpsy5dpivvz.jpg

margie36d_zpsylrg4td5.jpg

margie36b_zps76nxwy2v.jpg

Sold to Miraclemet! Thanks for your patronage!

Web of Evil #13 April 1954 Quality Comics

Weird Swamp Monster cover. Cool horror stories with as usual nice Quality art.

A bright, flat, clean copy. Has a neat 2" upper spine split. Staples are popped from covers but cover is still holding on. A few small minor chips, edge tears and creases. Nothing too bad. Interior paper is a bit yellowed but no tears or creases. Presentable lower grade copy.

$30.00

webofevil1_zps7duq72q5.jpg

webofevil2_zpshri2wqlr.jpg

hm

1949 Capt. Midnight Decoder with original key! Great radio premium. The key is just soooo hard to locate and most kids lost them right away. Bright and shiny and working condition.

WAS $70.00 NOW $60.00 + $2.50 postage

captmidnightdecoder_zps0cxohddp.jpg

Edison The Man Who Changed the World by Reddy Killowatt 1947 EC Publications

Scarce EC giveaway with the classic Reddy Killowatt character.

A beautiful, clean, flat complete copy with white to off white paper. 16 pages, self cover. Has a 5 cents cover price but these were given away in schools. Hard to find a nicer one.

WAS $70.00 NOW $60.00

reddykillowattcomic1_zpsovaugvrw.jpg

reddykillowattcomic2_zpsjx3oyodl.jpg

Web of Evil #13 April 1954 Quality Comics

Weird Swamp Monster cover. Cool horror stories with as usual nice Quality art.

A bright, flat, clean copy. Has a neat 2" upper spine split. Staples are popped from covers but cover is still holding on. A few small minor chips, edge tears and creases. Nothing too bad. Interior paper is a bit yellowed but no tears or creases. Presentable lower grade copy.

$30.00

webofevil1_zps7duq72q5.jpg

webofevil2_zpshri2wqlr.jpg

hm

Just buy it Jimmers. You know you want it and this swamp monster is just begging for a trip to the Great White North!

1949 Capt. Midnight Decoder with original key! Great radio premium. The key is just soooo hard to locate and most kids lost them right away. Bright and shiny and working condition.

WAS $70.00 NOW $60.00 + $2.50 postage

captmidnightdecoder_zps0cxohddp.jpg

Sold to Buzzetta! Many thanks!

Edison The Man Who Changed the World by Reddy Killowatt 1947 EC Publications

Scarce EC giveaway with the classic Reddy Killowatt character.

A beautiful, clean, flat complete copy with white to off white paper. 16 pages, self cover. Has a 5 cents cover price but these were given away in schools. Hard to find a nicer one.

WAS $70.00 NOW $60.00

reddykillowattcomic1_zpsovaugvrw.jpg

reddykillowattcomic2_zpsjx3oyodl.jpg

Reddy Killowatt is all yours Tony, thanks for your continuing biz!

Many thanks to all my Sunday buyers. Got up way too early to go "junking" today. Hey, gotta keep finding junk to keep the wolves happy. Did pretty well today but I will save this stuff for next time. Gonna take a snooze. Keep them "take its" coming gang!

In the Immortal words of Sagii's best friend "That's all Folks"

Invoices have gone out to all but you feriners who I need address for. If I missed anybody, please let me know.

As always, it's been fun. I appreciate the biz and even to the lurkers.

Until next time... Happy Trails!