• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ComicConnect auction starts tomorrow

276 posts in this topic

Only 4 blue sales in almost 2 years. not that many on the open market (maybe at cons?) This book has a huge potential upside with staying power IMO.

What's also interesting to me in this auction is the Action 1 page (brittle--supes story ) already at $5,700 CC has sold a few Action 1 pages in the last year(from the Supes story) but they are not making their way onto GPA. anyone know where they ended up?

(GPA has a Supes page from 2011 for over 4k but that STAT is antiquated.) They have all been brittle pages (I believe) and none of them have been the coveted pages 1 & 5 (origin page and Supes lifting the car)

The Action Comics 1 page 4 is at 6400$ with 6 days to go.

A less desirable brittle page 2 sold for 4400$ in 2011. Prices have easily doubled on Action comics 1. The cgc 5.5 just sold for 1 million!! (956k) a cgc 5.0 sold for 427k in 2013.

So this page 4 will most likely sell in the 10k range!!! It has Lois and Clark in a lover's spat.

Then Superman confronting the Gangster's Car before Him lifting itnto that iconic page 5 which was used for the cover of Action Comics 1!!

Who knows when another page will be availble for sale???

Would these auctions have better results if the duration was more like 10 days instead of 21ish?

They are basically only 10 days long and possibly even shorter than that. :gossip:

Looks like it is generally 6 days of action at the front end followed by 4 days of action at the back end with most of this focused on the last day just before the auction ends. The 11 days in-between is basically a dead zone where nothing moves at all. lol

Would these auctions have better results if the duration was more like 10 days instead of 21ish?

They are basically only 10 days long and possibly even shorter than that. :gossip:

Looks like it is generally 6 days of action at the front end followed by 4 days of action at the back end with most of this focused on the last day just before the auction ends. The 11 days in-between is basically a dead zone where nothing moves at all. lol

Absolutely correct.

the doldrums of this cc event auction have offered me way too much time to drool over the monsters, one after the next, in the clink auction. had cc come and gone i probably would have been more aggressive on a few within but i have completely shifted focus and $ allocation to the clink auction. its too bad i have a few books in the cc auction that are doing well but i am going to use those proceeds elsewhere.

cant wait for it to start!

"I know we've only known each other four weeks and three days, but to me it seems like nine weeks and five days. The first day seemed like a week and the second day seemed like five days. And the third day seemed like a week again and the fourth day seemed like eight days. And the fifth day you went to see your mother and that seemed just like a day, and then you came back and later on the sixth day, in the evening, when we saw each other, that started seeming like two days, so in the evening it seemed like two days spilling over into the next day and that started seeming like four days, so at the end of the sixth day on into the seventh day, it seemed like a total of five days. And the sixth day seemed like a week and a half. I have it written down, but I can show it to you tomorrow if you want to see it." ~ Navin J

"I know we've only known each other four weeks and three days, but to me it seems like nine weeks and five days. The first day seemed like a week and the second day seemed like five days. And the third day seemed like a week again and the fourth day seemed like eight days. And the fifth day you went to see your mother and that seemed just like a day, and then you came back and later on the sixth day, in the evening, when we saw each other, that started seeming like two days, so in the evening it seemed like two days spilling over into the next day and that started seeming like four days, so at the end of the sixth day on into the seventh day, it seemed like a total of five days. And the sixth day seemed like a week and a half. I have it written down, but I can show it to you tomorrow if you want to see it." ~ Navin J

:applause:

A certain boardie must be going hard after that MF 55 Church :whistle:

Is that code for "place punish bids on MF55" :insane:

Never ! He's too nice a boardie. I do wonder however if that FF1 is his. hm

AS8 is on fire !! 5.5 @ 60K with 2 days yet to go ...

I still remember when this book and all of the other Wonder Woman related books were relatively stone cold dead only a few short years ago.

Maybe it's time to jump onto other similar dead horses like World's Finest and Comic Cavalcade before all of the bandwagon jumpers hop on. hmlol

Correct me if I'm wrong but a much nicer copy of an ALL STAR COMICS 8 (CGC 5.5) sold for about $60,000 in a very recent Comic Connect auction. No writing, good centering, no rust on the staples and I believe ow/w pages. And another really nice copy sold a few days later (CGC 5.0) for a little under $54,000 or $55,000. As I mentioned in another thread..had C.C. as well as some private sales made public, the average price of these books per point would, in my opinion be lower than what we see on GPA at the moment. GPA gives me the feeling that prices on some momentum books are forever increasing. Heck, gives me that chill feeling of the dot.com days are here :wishluck: