• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ComicConnect auction starts tomorrow

276 posts in this topic

No, but the slight/mod restored AC3 and AC4 went for nice prices I think.

AC3 7.5 @ 7.5K

AC4 8.0 @ 6.6K

This is a good example of why I'm a fan of restored books,particularly pro slightly restored copies. Just so much bang for your buck imho.That Action 3 was simply gorgeous and the resto was minimal. It's probably a stunner in hand too. I would guess that a 1.0 blue copy would fetch in the neighborhood of 7.5K,and though I'm surely in the minority, I'd take this 7.5R over a 1.0 blue every time.

No, but the slight/mod restored AC3 and AC4 went for nice prices I think.

AC3 7.5 @ 7.5K

AC4 8.0 @ 6.6K

This is a good example of why I'm a fan of restored books,particularly pro slightly restored copies. Just so much bang for your buck imho.That Action 3 was simply gorgeous and the resto was minimal. It's probably a stunner in hand too. I would guess that a 1.0 blue copy would fetch in the neighborhood of 7.5K,and though I'm surely in the minority, I'd take this 7.5R over a 1.0 blue every time.

(thumbs u

Last 3 very recent sales on ComicConnect for an ALL STAR COMICS #8

5.5 (Sold in auction for $61,000)

minus 10% commission $6,100)

Seller keeps $54,900

5.0 (Sold on the exchange for $55,000)

minus 10% commission $5,500

Seller keeps $49,500

5.5 (Sold in auction yesterday for $69,001)

minus 10% commission $6,900)

Seller keeps $62,100

What is the usual flow of CLINK Auctions? I notice some books took off Thursday/Friday and haven't moved since. I haven't been outbid in 3 days on a couple. I'm curious is that how these auctions usually flow, a push early and slows during the week and then a push at the end?

What is the usual flow of CLINK Auctions? I notice some books took off Thursday/Friday and haven't moved since. I haven't been outbid in 3 days on a couple. I'm curious is that how these auctions usually flow, a push early and slows during the week and then a push at the end?

Many of those early bids might be tracking bids. Then the action will start closer towards the end of the auction when people start putting in their actual bids.

Clink has a set close..... so sniping is prevalent. It's not unusual for bids to quadruple in the last 30 seconds.... particularly on better material. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

The Thurs/Fri push doesn't surprise me. I don't even look at what's in the auction, let alone bid, until three or four days before closing, and I imagine that's the case for many.

Ive only been buying at their auctions in the last couple of years, and my bids are almost always in the "lowball" range, so I'll throw down around 25 - 30 bids a few days from ending, and maybe win one or two books. So my expectation is to be outbid at least 90% of the time.

In my experience, it's not much different from ebay, meaning there is no regular pattern. Some people hate not being the high bidder the whole time, and will overbid within hours of being outbid, but I've had other books that were at or near my high bid with three days to go, that I'm surprised to find I've won, as there is no further bidding. I've also had books that were not much more than half my top bid with less than a day to go, where I get blown out of the water in the last few hours or even minutes.

Clink has a set close..... so sniping is prevalent. It's not unusual for bids to quadruple in the last 30 seconds.... particularly on better material. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

I imagine you've felt the sting of this as much as anyone, my friend, as whether on ebay or one of the other auction houses, this quadrupling in the final seconds seems quite prevalent with higher grade Atlas horror. A situation where one sees their triple guide bid, seemingly well above what will be needed to win with only mere seconds to go, turn into a pathetic lowball as the dust clears.