• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GAtor has books MISSING at Tampa Con which are then FOUND!

309 posts in this topic

hello all...

I am happy to confirm that my previously missing box of comics is now safely back in my possession.

I am so thankful to the power of prayer! I want to thank God, my family and friends, the entire collecting community , the Tampa police department, the Tampa Con staff, as well as all media outlets that helped spread the word and give me positive support.

It has been an unbelievably stressful and trying last 5 days, but I am so thankful at the end result. I feel truly blessed.

Thank you,

Rick Whitelock

:cloud9::applause::angel:

Among the other rare finds that had gone missing were another 1962 copy of “Amazing Fantasy No. 15,” featuring the first appearance of Spider Man, worth $15,995; a $15,000 copy of “Brave and the Bold,” with the first appearance of the Justice League; and “Stranger Tales No. 110,” featuring the first appearance of Dr. Strange.

:insane:

GREAT NEWS.....

Among the other rare finds that had gone missing were another 1962 copy of “Amazing Fantasy No. 15,” featuring the first appearance of Spider Man, worth $15,995; a $15,000 copy of “Brave and the Bold,” with the first appearance of the Justice League; and “Stranger Tales No. 110,” featuring the first appearance of Dr. Strange.

:insane:

GREAT NEWS.....

Most good tales are strange, GAtor's are stranger :banana:

Congrats on the return of all of your missing books Rick! That's truly a blessing, no matter what really happened.

GAtor, huge relief that you were able to retrieve the missing books.

And I'm sure all involved (not just GAtor) learned a lot from this experience.

Damn it Roy I hate to point fingers but its all your fault!

I was about to say! If I were you, my appetite would just be returning and I'd be making my way to the nearest five guys.

This is an instance where capitalization would really help...

One of the funniest posts this year :roflmao:

So happy you got your books Rick!

hello all...

I am happy to confirm that my previously missing box of comics is now safely back in my possession.

I am so thankful to the power of prayer! I want to thank God, my family and friends, the entire collecting community , the Tampa police department, the Tampa Con staff, as well as all media outlets that helped spread the word and give me positive support.

It has been an unbelievably stressful and trying last 5 days, but I am so thankful at the end result. I feel truly blessed.

Thank you,

Rick Whitelock

amen my brother. Redeemed.

great, great news, Rick.

I had a similar experience. The difference in emotion from the stress of missing something to the joy of something making its way back to you is staggering.

Nice!!! :applause:

Are you going to take some time away from cons?

I'm sure you'll have a new quality control and security system in place when you decide to go back.

nope..business as normal, maintaining our normal con schedule...and believe it or not, our procedures have worked flawlessly for a dozen years and 100+ cons... accidents happen...

great, great news, Rick.

I had a similar experience. The difference in emotion from the stress of missing something to the joy of something making its way back to you is staggering.

Nice!!! :applause:

it is a whirlwind of emotions for sure

Maybe you can put number on each box. Count boxes before the con that can prevent the further mistakes.

actually, that's how I knew the both was missing..Friday morning when I was laying out the boxes in order, I had SA1, SA2, SA3, SA5, but SA4 was missing...

most cons we only carry 40-50 boxes to and set up in a 10x10 or 10x20 booth... Tampa is our "experimental" set up, where we take 2 vans, hundreds of boxes of comics (all numbered, believe it or not) and 4 booth set up...

it takes much longer to set the infrastructure of the booth up, and so it was easier to not be as organized as I would like initially, until we are ready to put the books up...and we are drenched in sweat, tired/exhausted, etc, and so the human element comes into play...

that said, I will certainly be extra extra cautious in the future with the higher end books (thumbs u