• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Who bought all of those batgirl Y1 pages?

30 posts in this topic

I just emailed the seller. he indicated that he believes them to be inks over pencils (at least for the page I bought). and he didn't see any blue lines on the paper.

And at this point, and for your peace of mind, I'd find a way to contact Marcos Martin yourself and get an answer directly from him.

agreed, I would have to know with certainty

well...all along I thought the year 1 pages were hidden away.

only to find out that a bunch live on splash page's website available for purchase (just not the premier ones). and all of them indicate pencil and ink.

http://www.splashpageart.com/artistgalleryroom.asp?artistid=258

That's got to be a relief. I wonder why the seller wasn't sure.

well...all along I thought the year 1 pages were hidden away.

only to find out that a bunch live on splash page's website available for purchase (just not the premier ones). and all of them indicate pencil and ink.

http://www.splashpageart.com/artistgalleryroom.asp?artistid=258

That's got to be a relief. I wonder why the seller wasn't sure.

Sounds like they could be inked over copy. This is from splashpage's website. Note the last line:

Alvaro Lopez was born in Vitoria-Gasteiz, and moved to Barcelona when he was 20 years old. After a few years of publishing in Spain, he started inking over Kano in comic Virtex in 1998. He then worked over Pasqual Ferry in Superman in 2000 and finally started collaborating with Marcos Martin (Batgirl year One, Breach) on 2001 until 2006, when Marcos began inking himself. In 2006 he began a long run inking David López (Catwoman, Harvey and Eisner Nominee Mystic, X-Men), which lasted until 2013. Lately he started working with Javier Rodríguez, producing a few Daredevil issues, as well as a Superior Spiderman Annual.

Some of the artists that Alvaro has worked with do not sell their original art. This is the first time this art has been made available for sale.

I just emailed the seller. he indicated that he believes them to be inks over pencils (at least for the page I bought). and he didn't see any blue lines on the paper.

Blue Lines is a technical term and doesn't necessarily mean the lines are blue in color.

And on top of this some pencilers like to use blue pencils