• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Buffalo Comic Con - August 2016 - Report

117 posts in this topic

I just got home myself. I was able to pick up a few books. The pearl is a 5.0 copy of Tomb of Terror 15. Very happy to pick up a nice presenting mid-grade copy. I was able to "paw" many Golden and Silver keys that are way out of my league.

Overall I am happy with the Nickel City Con. At $15 to enter, and a decent amount of actual comic book dealers on the floor, I was pleasantly surprised. CGC was on site, and I was able to submit my first ever books (4 total).

The waiting begins.

Unlike some other shows, I don't have a headache from a booming PA - it was relatively quite on the floor - being able to have a conversation with a dealer is important as I always learn something from the exchange.

I believe it was announced that Nickel City will be back for another show May 19-21 2017. Count me in.

I went to Nickel City Con today to drop off books to CGC. They were awesome! I dropped off almost 400 books and everyone was great (I swear I wasn't drinking when I filled out the forms, but some of my forms were less than ideal ). They did most of the form work for me. Thanks again to D&A Card World and CGC. I also got to meet with Neal Adams for CGC sigs. I had my Flash 217-219 signed, as well as a Civil Wars II and HQ 25. Neal and his wife could not have been any nicer. I understand William Shatner is confirmed for next year's convention. I will be there.

Man, something came up Saturday and I missed this show.

Didn't know that was CGC was going to be there either.

:frustrated::frustrated:

Next time, Blowie, next time.

Something came up on Saturday for me too. Most dealers said Sunday was busier than Saturday.

I think there's another show next month at the convention center.