• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Theft Alert: Chicago area Dealer Comics4less

91 posts in this topic

Were the safes bolted to the floor?
And did the books have rusty staples?

Not nice dude!

looks like he was sarcastically asking an irrelevant question thus making a point that what difference does it make if the safe was bolted to the floor.... It's gone.

This. Lizards may come across as a jerk to some, but he isn't really a jerk

Mike is one of the good ones.

Not nice dude!

looks like he was sarcastically asking an irrelevant question thus making a point that what difference does it make if the safe was bolted to the floor.... It's gone.

Mike is one of the good ones.

So I was right? :whee: I got the Lizard figured out :eek:

Not nice dude!

It was a joke - and certainly a better one than this:

linky

:eek: No freaking kidding

Holy , they took the safes too! I don't know what kind of safes you had, but good ones can run into being worth thousands of dollars too. There had to be some foreknowledge of the safes to plan ahead to take them too unless they were pretty small and could easily be handled with not much effort.

Comics4less = great seller (on eBay). Always has the best stuff, accurately graded. Very sorry to hear this happened.

As am I - a real eBay straight-shooter. I win auctions about once every couple of weeks - always honest grading and great packaging.

Lizards is a cold blooded amphibian

nah,he is a warm duckholio

warm fuzzy buttholes to you, jimmers :cloud9:

jeesh get a room... lol

jimmers always makes me laugh. Just got some awesome Cramps recommendations from him!!! :headbang:

Not nice dude!

You'd be surprised how many times people don't bolt down their safes to the floor. A high quality safe is extremely hard to get into, hand tools won't work. You'd need a blow torch to melt the steel but then you risk putting what's inside the safe and if the safe is lined with stainless steel you'd need a plasma cutter to get through it. My guess is that those books are still in the safe

Not nice dude!

You'd be surprised how many times people don't bolt down their safes to the floor. A high quality safe is extremely hard to get into, hand tools won't work. You'd need a blow torch to melt the steel but then you risk putting what's inside the safe and if the safe is lined with stainless steel you'd need a plasma cutter to get through it. My guess is that those books are still in the safe

lol Plasma torch....a normal oxy-acetylene torch will cut through any safe, and if you are careful, your valuables inside will be fine. Take it from a mechanic.

BTW stainless steel is incredibly brittle. A slight bend will create cracks

jeesh get a room... lol

jimmers always makes me laugh. Just got some awesome Cramps recommendations from him!!! :headbang:

Jimmers is freaking awesome. He likes boobs almost as much as I do

jeesh get a room... lol

Jimmers is freaking awesome. He likes boobs almost as much as I do

pm incoming....,

Its likely that those thieves wouldn't steal the safes unless they already had a way to bust them open...?

In my mind, I am not a police officer or deal with this kinda thing, an opportunity is an opportunity. As someone who would be desperate enough to steal to begin with, seeing a safe is probably like an imagined gold mine