• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Theft Alert: Chicago area Dealer Comics4less

91 posts in this topic

Sorry, I got your handle wrong there, MetalPSI. Why would you want stainless steel mufflers? The heat would discolor the metal in short order. I imagine a chrome look is what your really after. That also doesn't hold up to the heat, or salt, or constant little rocks that the tires kick up.

You that, here it is 75 years later. And we still can't make steel, like the Germans used in the construction of Herman the German. The largest crane in the Port of Los Angeles (Long Beach). One of our spoils of war! (England lost theirs in the Channel, as I understand it.

And it's been 35 to 40 years that the Russians have been welding titanium, though they have to suck the air out of the building to accomplish this. But that's why their subs could go deeper than ours.

But it is no surprise that the military doesn't like to share technology with industry. Even industry will keep any advantage as proprietary, as long as possible.

Does anyone remember a book that I believe was by Max Allen Collins call Blood Money? It centered around two thieves. One of whom stole to support his comic book habit.

Maybe not on this one, but they'll catch those involved. I'm surprised they got Nick Cage's Action 1 back, finding it in a storage unit in the San Fernando Valley?

I don't know if Illinois is the same as Californa. Probably not. But, a commercial burglary is not a 'strike' felony, whereas a residential is. The thinking being, someone could be home, and a greater likelihood of violence, as a result.

My place was broken into a few years back. And luckily, none of my books were touched. Cameras are so much better nowadays, and concealable. A warehouse guard dog is a great deterent. But if they (the dog) likes peanut butter, may just lick his chops and not even bark.

I understand New York is still the worst, with regards to break ins, in spite of everyone have 3 or more deadbolts, etc. If you can afford a Medico Lock, no one is going to pick it. Even a Schlage is much better than a Kwikset. And get rid of those Master padilocks, and buy American (that's the brand name.... and country of origin). You can take a cheaper lock, like Kwikset, and then repin with spool drivers, and it's much much harder to defeat. All that involves, is a little step/groove is cut on the top pin, thus there is no shoulder to 'catch' when your turning with the tension bar, and throwing the pins up with the pick.

Sorry, I got your handle wrong there, MetalPSI. Why would you want stainless steel mufflers? The heat would discolor the metal in short order. I imagine a chrome look is what your really after. That also doesn't hold up to the heat, or salt, or constant little rocks that the tires kick up.

You that, here it is 75 years later. And we still can't make steel, like the Germans used in the construction of Herman the German. The largest crane in the Port of Los Angeles (Long Beach). One of our spoils of war! (England lost theirs in the Channel, as I understand it.

And it's been 35 to 40 years that the Russians have been welding titanium, though they have to suck the air out of the building to accomplish this. But that's why their subs could go deeper than ours.

But it is no surprise that the military doesn't like to share technology with industry. Even industry will keep any advantage as proprietary, as long as possible.

Does anyone remember a book that I believe was by Max Allen Collins call Blood Money? It centered around two thieves. One of whom stole to support his comic book habit.

Maybe not on this one, but they'll catch those involved. I'm surprised they got Nick Cage's Action 1 back, finding it in a storage unit in the San Fernando Valley?

I don't know if Illinois is the same as Californa. Probably not. But, a commercial burglary is not a 'strike' felony, whereas a residential is. The thinking being, someone could be home, and a greater likelihood of violence, as a result.

My place was broken into a few years back. And luckily, none of my books were touched. Cameras are so much better nowadays, and concealable. A warehouse guard dog is a great deterent. But if they (the dog) likes peanut butter, may just lick his chops and not even bark.

I understand New York is still the worst, with regards to break ins, in spite of everyone have 3 or more deadbolts, etc. If you can afford a Medico Lock, no one is going to pick it. Even a Schlage is much better than a Kwikset. And get rid of those Master padilocks, and buy American (that's the brand name.... and country of origin). You can take a cheaper lock, like Kwikset, and then repin with spool drivers, and it's much much harder to defeat. All that involves, is a little step/groove is cut on the top pin, thus there is no shoulder to 'catch' when your turning with the tension bar, and throwing the pins up with the pick.

I referenced it because you cannot bend stainless without it cracking. You'd have picked up on that if you knew what I was getting at, but you are more concerned on stating what YOU want to talk about. I'm not interested in knowing just how great America is, I spend time in the WC and get enough of that there.

Hey Everyone, I ended up doing a deal for some of these books yesterday. I looked over the Internet and didn't see anything on the books I bought. Didn't check here ! Ah. Anyway, the guy got an AF 15 CGC 3.0 c\ow, giant size x-men 1 CGC 9.3, Hero for hire 1 CGC 8.5, and a raw black cat 50 in about vg/vg+, along with some cash.

You can see the books in my completed eBay sales but I will post pics here later. I've already talked to Pete.

Hey Everyone, I ended up doing a deal for some of these books yesterday. I looked over the Internet and didn't see anything on the books I bought. Didn't check here ! Ah. Anyway, the guy got an AF 15 CGC 3.0 c\ow, giant size x-men 1 CGC 9.3, Hero for hire 1 CGC 8.5, and a raw black cat 50 in about vg/vg+, along with some cash.

You can see the books in my completed eBay sales but I will post pics here later. I've already talked to Pete.

release_the_hounds.gif

I referenced it because you cannot bend stainless without it cracking. You'd have picked up on that if you knew what I was getting at, but you are more concerned on stating what YOU want to talk about. I'm not interested in knowing just how great America is, I spend time in the WC and get enough of that there.

You should introduce Dave Hartman and CAK

Trying to decipher this...

So you bought some of the stolen books yesterday and in return the seller received "an AF 15 CGC 3.0 c\ow, giant size x-men 1 CGC 9.3, Hero for hire 1 CGC 8.5, and a raw black cat 50 in about vg/vg+, along with some cash" from you?

I'm assuming the GSX #1 is the 9.2 in eBay, but I don't see the Hero for Hire, or Black Cat in your eBay completed sales. I do see a Hero for Hire in your available eBay store.

You met the guy in person? What did he look like? How did the sale go down -- meet up at your store, or what? Do you have surveillance camera footage? Did you get his ID and info?