• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comicartads update--Swan, Infantino, Oksner, Heck, and others

7 posts in this topic

Good evening! I just wanted to let you know that I have uploaded over 40 art ad scans to www.comicartads.com over the past week, including lots of Superman and Jimmy Olsen pages by Curt Swan and some cool large art Avengers pages by Don Heck. Thanks, Lee

Colleen Doran did a couple issues of Sandman, but this wasn't one of them that I know of. This looks like Jill Thompson's work (and most likely inked by Vince Locke, though Giordano stepped in on a couple issues and this might be one of his), and she illustrated the rest of this arc of the book. I realize the error lies in the original catalog listing, but wanted to point it out.

Doran_Sandman47_17_GCNov93.jpg

Lee,

I don't remember ever offering half the images you just posted.

MI

Hi Mitch! This website owes a great deal to you for the great (and easily scan-able) catalogs you published over the course of at least 20 years. I'll try to send some more duplicate catalogs your way before too long. Cheers, Lee

Wow, those 2 Valentino pages had real healthy price tags on them for 1992. Almost 25 years later they'd likely sell for 175% of that now (IMO).

Hi Bill! Those ads were placed in the Comic Buyer's Guide by someone named Jordan Silver. He was not a dealer, as far as I know, and I don't have many other ads placed by him. Perhaps he didn't know the market, or didn't really want to sell that badly, and put high prices on the pages because of that. Cheers, Lee

Colleen Doran did a couple issues of Sandman, but this wasn't one of them that I know of.

Thanks for pointing this out Eric! I will add a comment to the entry to that effect on the website. And anyone else is free to add comments to the ads on the website as well. Cheers, Lee