• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What's the deal with Herbie???...

22 posts in this topic

I've got a Herbie #1 in VF condition on hold and decided to do a little research on the book before I finalize the deal...

I've found that according to THE CENSUS there have only been 4 copies graded to date with only one copy recieving a blue label of 7.0 which brings me to ask..

Is this book hard to find in high grade or is it just not that desirable to collectors or dealers to have the book graded???..

I'm not interested in grading the book but any insight to what the deal with this book is would be much appreciated... thumbsup2.gif

The 8.5 Green is mine. It's a beauty with a staple pull...

All the real nice issues through 23 are mine too. I just love this title and figured I'd have the best graded collection - if I went out and had it graded...so I did!

Herbies are tough in grade though. ACG's are notorius for staple pulls. I think my number 20 has a Green label too.

Also own the cover art to # 8 - the origin of the Fat Fury...

Herbie forever!

I've got a Herbie #1 in VF condition on hold and decided to do a little research on the book before I finalize the deal...

I've found that according to THE CENSUS there have only been 4 copies graded to date with only one copy recieving a blue label of 7.0 which brings me to ask..

Is this book hard to find in high grade or is it just not that desirable to collectors or dealers to have the book graded???..

I'm not interested in grading the book but any insight to what the deal with this book is would be much appreciated... thumbsup2.gif

i LOVE herbie......... acclaim.gif

i also have the first 3 issue all in HG, but none slabbed. not sure it would be worth it. i'll wait for the Movie to be announced officially.......... grin.gif

i also have the first 3 issue all in HG, but none slabbed. not sure it would be worth it. i'll wait for the Movie to be announced officially.......... grin.gif

ummm, seeing a trailer for it doesn't make it official? confused.gif

The Forbidden World's issues are incredibly tough to find in high grade. I actually picked up a Forbidden Worlds #116 NM- with the cleopatra cover that is great!

Herbies are a fun read but I'm sure we'll see a thread on who will win Herbie or the Hulk?

ummm, seeing a trailer for it doesn't make it official? confused.gif

um, peter are you being silly???

i expect you know that you're talking about Herbie "the love bug", which i doubt ever had an issue number 1. we're all talking about Herbie "the fat fury" who originated in the pages of ACG's Forbidden World's and graduated to his own book for a while back in the early/mid sixties..............(tsk)

i expect you know that you're talking about Herbie "the love bug", which i doubt ever had an issue number 1.

Wasn't there a GK comic of Herbie the Love Bug? Stephanie Powers. cloud9.gif

Oh, sorry.. I didn't know which "Herbie" 27_laughing.gif

In COMICS? There be only ONE Herbie! And danged if you do not already know this for a fact! You! You! You you-you!

*Ahem*

24.gif

exactly! 893applaud-thumb.gif

Warlord/Peter - no one said that Herbie - the love bug, wasn't ever in a comic - just that there was never a #1 issue of a "Herbie" comic other than our own Herbie Popnecker................

i'm pretty sure in addition to this Walt Disney comic, there was one other issue. i would have also thought that the original movie would have been in the Dell four colors, but apparently it was made after they ended.............

Oh, sorry.. I didn't know which "Herbie" 27_laughing.gif

In COMICS? There be only ONE Herbie! And danged if you do not already know this for a fact! You! You! You you-you!

*Ahem*

24.gif

exactly! 893applaud-thumb.gif

Warlord/Peter - no one said that Herbie - the love bug, wasn't ever in a comic - just that there was never a #1 issue of a "Herbie" comic other than our own Herbie Popnecker................

i'm pretty sure in addition to this Walt Disney comic, there was one other issue. i would have also thought that the original movie would have been in the Dell four colors, but apparently it was made after they ended.............

There were three Herbie the Love Bug comics, two photo covers and one hand drawn one.