• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MAtt Nelson's Pedigree book?

29 posts in this topic

anyone know when/if this will be completed?

dying to buy a copy

MAtt??

"Never"

That is about the most accurate and honest answer you will be getting since nobody, and I repeat, nobody has been working on this book for the longest while. In addition, there are also no plans for anybody to be doing any further work on the book. :gossip:

That's not true.

Last time, I heard about it until Matt and Stephen Ritter of World Wide Comics broke up before Matt moved his company to CGC. That may be the reason of his Pedigree book is being held up.

Huh, I never knew they were an item.

Last time, I heard about it until Matt and Stephen Ritter of World Wide Comics broke up before Matt moved his company to CGC. That may be the reason of his Pedigree book is being held up.

Huh, I never knew they were an item.

Matt was more prominent on the web site, the about us now updated from: http://www.wwcomics.com/aboutus.asp

"In March of 2008, Stephen launched WorldWide Comics with his then partner, Matt Nelson. When Matt's primary company Classics Inc. was bought out by CGC, he had to give up his partnership in WWC. How do you replace a partner like Matt Nelson? Stephen went a different direction and asked his most significant other, Sharon, to not only marry him, but join him in his lifelong dream. They married in 2012 and moved back to his origin state of Texas where they now share their lives on the road hunting for and working with vintage comics."

Btw, Stephen and Sharon are great.Recommended without reservation.

dying to buy a copy

MAtt??

"Never"

That is about the most accurate and honest answer you will be getting since nobody, and I repeat, nobody has been working on this book for the longest while. In addition, there are also no plans for anybody to be doing any further work on the book. :gossip:

That's not true.

So, exactly who's working on the book and when will it be coming out, since you seem to be in the know? :wishluck:

dying to buy a copy

MAtt??

"Never"

That's not true.

So, exactly who's working on the book and when will it be coming out, since you seem to be in the know? :wishluck:

The people working on it are free to say, but it is not my place to do so.

dying to buy a copy

MAtt??

"Never"

That's not true.

It's not really Matt Nelson's pedigree book, it's Matt Nelson, Stever Ritter, Mark Haspel & West Stephan's pedigree book.

Matt started his book a long time ago but it never went far. Due to this, Steve Ritter decided to do his own, so he asked Mark & West (me) to help him with the project. Once Matt found out, we talked it over and decided it was best for the 4 of us to work on it as a team. The book was about 80% complete (by my estimation) when Matt & Steve decided to team-up & start WWComics. Their time was now monopolized by starting their new business venture & pressing, so the work on the book pretty much ceased.

Much of the data made it's way to the website, but with Matt & Steve parting ways I don't think the book will be in print. It's been years since Steve & I talked about the book, but perhaps things have changed.

Hope that helps clarify.

West