• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Undead Thread: Pre-Code Horror
21 21

Favorite Pre-Code Publisher  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Favorite Pre-Code Publisher

10,235 posts in this topic

I went to the LCS today and for some odd reason they had every Vault of Horror early 90s cochran reprint in perfect condition racked like a new comic. And War Against Crime with the first appearance of the Vault Keeper reprint.

So I filled out my VOH reprint run, the clerk had no idea why they were out there and I got them at the cover price which is not a bad deal considering that I've seen many sold over cover in the back issue area of alot of shops I've been through.

I know this ain't true pre-code horror, but I thought it was a nice score nonetheless.

I went to the LCS today and for some odd reason they had every Vault of Horror early 90s cochran reprint in perfect condition racked like a new comic. And War Against Crime with the first appearance of the Vault Keeper reprint.

So I filled out my VOH reprint run, the clerk had no idea why they were out there and I got them at the cover price which is not a bad deal considering that I've seen many sold over cover in the back issue area of alot of shops I've been through.

I know this ain't true pre-code horror, but I thought it was a nice score nonetheless.

I just picked up more than 200 of these EC reprints from Designer Toast. The books are great. I should be done reading them all by around 2012. Great stuff, but if you are going to hire Wally Wood and Al Williamson, perhaps you should put a bit less text on each page.

I am starting with the Weird Science Fiction, largely because of Bradbury and then figured I'd read Panic because the serial-killing Santa was just too funny. I know the art is amazing on these books, but any favorites for stories?

Nice score. I buy the EC reprints over the originals, myself. Saves me $$$ :hi:

I just picked up more than 200 of these EC reprints from Designer Toast. The books are great. I should be done reading them all by around 2012. Great stuff, but if you are going to hire Wally Wood and Al Williamson, perhaps you should put a bit less text on each page.

I am starting with the Weird Science Fiction, largely because of Bradbury and then figured I'd read Panic because the serial-killing Santa was just too funny. I know the art is amazing on these books, but any favorites for stories?

Too many good ones to mention. Quality is very high all across the board.

If you got the war books then there will be less text and real lettering since they were laid out by Kurtzman.