• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Undead Thread: Pre-Code Horror
21 21

Favorite Pre-Code Publisher  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Favorite Pre-Code Publisher

10,235 posts in this topic

but I do want #1-7, as they are all GREAT covers (Except #2 :( )

I see. That makes more sense. # 5 & 7 are cool covers. I like # 5 the best though.

# 2 is the Month issue. It pained me to buy it :insane: I share your :pullhair:

75277.jpg.c3f598f9dd6dbc89de3dacfefa287025.jpg

In the 80's & 90's #2 was considered to be one of the toughest 50's DCs, but more recent years have shown that to be false. Without that cachet it's just the #2 to a long running title. And an expensive one at that. #5 is great, as is #7, but I have a nostalgic attachment to #3, as it was my favorite GA book for Many years during my early years as a GA collector in the 1980's.

but I do want #1-7, as they are all GREAT covers (Except #2 :( )

I see. That makes more sense. # 5 & 7 are cool covers. I like # 5 the best though.

# 2 is the Month issue. It pained me to buy it :insane: I share your :pullhair:

could you imagine that on the stands at the same time as FC386 though? That puts it in a pretty cool light. What would I have picked at the time... hm

the tec is much better though.

No question about it. Not that it needed anything "extra," but it is also kinda cool that 40 years give or take later there's a cool movie where Brad Pitt utters the infamous lines, "C'mon man. What's in the booooxxxxx??" :eek:

Yeah, but it's Tomorows Treasures.... :eek:

(thumbs u yeah... :eek:

He has quite a few pch books I would be interested in if it weren't for:

1. His bad rep here. :sick:

2. Prices seem, shall we say, "wishfull" on his end. 2c

3. Almost every cover is described as "classic." Sure, I guess if your definition of classic is based on age over content. :/

Cross another one off the list!!! :grin:

Thinking about removing the stamp, though. What say the masses? May be risky, I dunno... (shrug)

great cover on that one!

What do you want to see more? the stamp, or an "ugly" patch of paper pulls on the cover? You may get lucky and be able to remove it with out taking cover bits off, but it's risky. If you wet it first, it may come off easier, but also leave sticky residue after its off which will just cause more problems. Tough call...

That's one of my favorite covers in the run!

Cross another one off the list!!! :grin:

Thinking about removing the stamp, though. What say the masses? May be risky, I dunno... (shrug)

A fav cover of mine too! You could try this to remove the stamp, evaporates quickly but is very flamable so use in a well ventilated area.

67977.jpg

Thanks Matthew! :hi:

Just pointing out whatever your views on Tomorrows Treasures, he does offer full descriptions of what has been or not been done to his books.