• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Undead Thread: Pre-Code Horror
21 21

Favorite Pre-Code Publisher  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Favorite Pre-Code Publisher

10,236 posts in this topic

Well, here it is, my last AIU (for now, I've a new score on the way!). Reeks of post-code, doesn't it?? (shrug)

Almost could be a Challangers of the Unknown cover! hm

That was a long running series - 60 issues?

Very close - 61 pre-code issues. The longest pre-code horror title there was. :popcorn:

It's the granddaddy of the PCH titles. (thumbs u

It may be the grandaddy, but this is the beginning of the longest run in Horror comic history. Even if you take out the hero issues (Which still had Mystery back ups) :cloud9:

3245552427_0926589a8c_o.jpg

:applause:

It may be the grandaddy, but this is the beginning of the longest run in Horror comic history. Even if you take out the hero issues (Which still had Mystery back ups) :cloud9:

3245552427_0926589a8c_o.jpg

Looks suspiciously like ciorac's "Pat K pedigree" copy -- great catch! Even an element cover.

Those Pat K's will be widely disseminated soon.

Jack

If you count Hellblazer as a horror comic, it's within 70 issues of catching HOM :eek:

Guess it depends on ones definition of horror. Personally, although I don't deny the heavy horror elements in it, I do not think of it as a "traditional" horror book. 2c

If you count Hellblazer as a horror comic, it's within 70 issues of catching HOM :eek:

Guess it depends on ones definition of horror. Personally, although I don't deny the heavy horror elements in it, I do not think of it as a "traditional" horror book. 2c

...and did not have it's origins in PCH as HoM does. :gossip:

Great pick-up Shiv! :headbang:

Thanks Guys! For me, it's one of the most special books ever published. I freaked out the other night & bought a #2 to keep it company... :eek:

:screwy:

I can see buying # 1 for historical reason and b/c it's got a cool cover (even without invoking the Brundage reference) but # 2 :sick: It's not the best horror cover out there, even by DC standards.

Of course, I mean this in a :applause: on the pick-ups.