• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Undead Thread: Pre-Code Horror
21 21

Favorite Pre-Code Publisher  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Favorite Pre-Code Publisher

10,235 posts in this topic

Bump.

Demand for this book has completely lost touch with reality. Thanks to Quicksilver for pointing out the link.

Wow.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/271234487983?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

I find it hard to believe the fuss surrounding this book just because it featured on an album cover. Not that scarce and although it's a decent cover it wouldn't make my top 20.

Maybe we should all petition Metallica to put the cover of Weird Mysteries 4 on their next album cover, and then watch the prices on that book get (even more) silly.

Bump.

Demand for this book has completely lost touch with reality. Thanks to Quicksilver for pointing out the link.

Wow.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/271234487983?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

I find it hard to believe the fuss surrounding this book just because it featured on an album cover. Not that scarce and although it's a decent cover it wouldn't make my top 20.

Maybe we should all petition Metallica to put the cover of Weird Mysteries 4 on their next album cover, and then watch the prices on that book get (even more) silly.

I agree Andy. I've seen mid grades of COC go for much less. Must just be a supply thing and I've noticed PreCode horror seems kind of hot lately. I think the books that Craig Yoe has been publishing might have something to do with this.Have you seen these yet? They really are awesome collections. I've been meaning to bring them up here in this thread for awhile now. "Haunted Horror" is a bimonthly comic from IDW that has excellent reproductions of the best of PreCode horror. Their first issue featured the Misfits COC cover. This might be a reason for the surge of popularity.....

03269d03afefd33612d98e17bde532fc.jpg

That's just insane.. I remember a few years ago that book was selling for a tenth of that price... You could pick up a file copy for about 500. doh!

I paid $200 for a file copy about 5 years ago... then sold it :(

That's just insane.. I remember a few years ago that book was selling for a tenth of that price... You could pick up a file copy for about 500. doh!

Wait a year & you'll probably be able to again.

Doubtful. It's a great book but has always been popular due to the Misfits album connection. Just seems like it's enjoying even more attention now! Glad I have my copy, else I would consider it out of reach.

Had two and sold one....glad I kept one though. Even though I love the book, I don't think I could bring myself to come anywhere close to current prices.

chamberofchills19-1.jpg

Had two and sold one....glad I kept one though. Even though I love the book, I don't think I could bring myself to come anywhere close to current prices.

chamberofchills19-1.jpg

Definitely. I'd like one at $200, not at $1500.

Anyone after a Shock Suspenstories 12? Here's a high grade one that the seller insists is not a reprint. doh!

Linky.....

9271190264_18c115dd09.jpg2899458549_9ac469b643.jpg

I couldn't see the reprint label in small print but the inking of the art looked too heavy to be an original.

Not to mention the missing 10 cent price tag...

Anyone after a Shock Suspenstories 12? Here's a high grade one that the seller insists is not a reprint. doh!

Linky.....

9271190264_18c115dd09.jpg2899458549_9ac469b643.jpg

I couldn't see the reprint label in small print but the inking of the art looked too heavy to be an original.

Not to mention the missing 10 cent price tag...

The EC bullets on the left copy both make it clear it's a reprint.

chamberofchills19-1.jpg

So would I, but while $1500 may be too pricey, $200 wouldn't be reasonable to expect now either, not for a file copy.

chamberofchills19-1.jpg

So would I, but while $1500 may be too pricey, $200 wouldn't be reasonable to expect now either, not for a file copy.

A copy is now listed on the CLink. CGC 6.0. $2500.00!

10K book all day imho.
If this is a cross-over item - being collected by Misfits fans rather than just true comic collectors - then many buyers may just want a copy without caring too much about the grade. In other words, a VG might sell for $1,500, but a VF might not sell for much more than that, etc.