• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Undead Thread: Pre-Code Horror
21 21

Favorite Pre-Code Publisher  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Favorite Pre-Code Publisher

10,235 posts in this topic

Well, I announced my engagement on this thread, so I may as well take this opportunity to make the 400th reply here by announcing that I am going to be a father!

acclaim.gif

My fiancee and I went to the OB today & it's official. We'll have an ultrasound in two weeks!

If you'd like to send a babyshower gift, I'd imagine baby is going to be a horror comics fan, so..... grin.gif

Edited by precodekeith

Congrats! 893applaud-thumb.gif

So how many of your comic books will you be selling to pay for baby expenses? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

WELL..... Certainly no horror comics, that's for sure. The fiancee already knows those are going to be in my Vault until the day I hit the grave! grin.gif

I may, however, sell ALL my non-horror comics. Either sell or I've considered trading them for horror comics so that I don't spend $ on comics for the present. Anybody have any horror they wanna trade??!! confused-smiley-013.gif

I just sold my 1957 Chevy Bel Air, so we're hoping that covers baby expenses. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Does anyone else think the color schemes are great on these Haunted Thrills, or is it just me? confused-smiley-013.gif

You're not alone... I really love the coloring in Haunted Thrills, cover and interior. Some of my favorites include Haunted Thrills #5 (red cover with great splash page), Haunted Thrills #10 (deep purple cover... amazing!) and Haunted Thrills #7, which you posted above. Love those covers!

The Iger studio had some great colorists that deserve recognition... and if we knew who did what work, maybe they would have gotten it. Unfortunately the majority of the work is anonymous and difficult to attribute.

Well, I announced my engagement on this thread, so I may as well take this opportunity to make the 400th reply here by announcing that I am going to be a father!

Awesome - congrats!! 893applaud-thumb.gif

Awesome - congrats!! 893applaud-thumb.gif

THANK YOU!

acclaim.gif

Keith,

Just got back from a weeks vacation and you got a kid on the way! 893whatthe.gif

Yikes, not what I thought I'd see in the undead thread!

Congrats to you both and all the best for the littlest pre-coder! 893applaud-thumb.gif

Colors on Ghost comics are really fantastic.

Damn cool covers too! I really like #2,#3,#11 also

Got to agree with you Arty - Here's # 2

876231-Ghost2s.jpg

PCK - Congrats on the baby!

OMG! I have not seen that one! It goes straight to my want list. It has instantly become my favorite Ghosts!

Colors on Ghost comics are really fantastic.

Damn cool covers too! I really like #2,#3,#11 also

Got to agree with you Arty - Here's # 2

876231-Ghost2s.jpg

PCK - Congrats on the baby!

OMG! I have not seen that one! It goes straight to my want list. It has instantly become my favorite Ghosts!

893whatthe.gif

You're going to have to compete with me,...I WANT ONE !

That book belongs in the "Head Lights" thread too. Classic GGA.

A big "Thank you!" to all my board friends!!! hi.gif

It's great knowing that you guys are actually reading this thread! 27_laughing.gif

More HAUNTED THRILLS madness.....

876381-ht17.jpg

876381-ht17.jpg.237d36ec1a0a685f21a0362f8f6314ff.jpg

Edited by precodekeith

It's great knowing that you guys are actually reading this thread! 27_laughing.gif

876381-ht17.jpg

You know, Keith, I think purple is my favorite precode horror background color. It's a sweetie!

You know, Keith, I think purple is my favorite precode horror background color. It's a sweetie!

I think it's my favorite background color period. There are alot of cool purple covers.