• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Undead Thread: Pre-Code Horror
21 21

Favorite Pre-Code Publisher  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Favorite Pre-Code Publisher

10,235 posts in this topic

Here's another from my Franky run. Wish I had a better grade, but this one seems to be one of the more popular covers. gossip.gif

What do you think the dialogue is here?

"Hey, get off me! No wonder you guys are so tense!? You're all wound up!"

(the possibilities are myriad...)

831524-fr27.jpg

831524-fr27.jpg.476de2806a82875f98f8783b208a903b.jpg

Edited by precodekeith

I'm getting the bug for pre-code horror from looking at this thread. I think I need to check the Metropolis website. insane.gif

IMHO, the Briefer Frankenstein covers look coolor in person than they do in scans or in Gerber.

Here are a couple that PKC hasn't posted.

832019-Frank21.jpg

832019-Frank21.jpg.87256686512f84f3319243c634da676d.jpg

Edited by adamstrange

832021-Frank22.jpg

832021-Frank22.jpg.6da0db11218c6ce37dab77247d069779.jpg

Edited by adamstrange

Here's another from my Franky run. Wish I had a better grade, but this one seems to be one of the more popular covers. gossip.gif

What do you think the dialogue is here?

"Hey, get off me! No wonder you guys are so tense!? You're all wound up!"

(the possibilities are myriad...)

831524-fr27.jpg

These are guys are just like me. They got so wrapped up in their work, they forgot what they were wearing!

IMHO, the Briefer Frankenstein covers look color in person than they do in scans or in Gerber.

Here are a couple that PKC hasn't posted.

832019-Frank21.jpg

I just ordered this one from Metro, though only in 5.0. cloud9.gif

I just ordered this one from Metro, though only in 5.0.

sign-rantpost.gif They still owe me commission on that Detective you bought!

Doiby, you've been bitten! As you know, there is no cure to save you now! Welcome to the club! hi.gif

Edited by precodekeith

Doiby, you've been bitten! As you know, there is no cure to save you now! Welcome to the club! hi.gif

Now I'm trying to figure out what other pre-code books I need,er, want.

Nice looking 7.0 - doesn't appear to be a GA curve on that copy.

I was just thinking the same. If this book was in nikos's grading contest I would have overgraded. Without seeing the BC I would have at least given it an 8.0. I wonder if the page quality is what's knocking it down?

Nice looking 7.0 - doesn't appear to be a GA curve on that copy.

I was just thinking the same. If this book was in nikos's grading contest I would have overgraded. Without seeing the BC I would have at least given it an 8.0. I wonder if the page quality is what's knocking it down?

It hasn't arrived yet, but I also think it looks nicer than a 7.0. I was considering getting a raw copy from another dealer that was listed as a VF/NM, but this one looked so nice that I thought it was definitely worth saving a few bucks and going for it.

Nice book Doiby. A bit nicer than mine. Have you read it before? You gonna keep it slabbed?

Pov, I did have this book before in a solid Fine, and I did read it. I'll probably unslab this and put it in Mylar with fullback, which is what I do with most of my books. Personally, I think they look nicer in Mylar than in the CGC case, but that's just me.

Nice book Doiby. A bit nicer than mine. Have you read it before? You gonna keep it slabbed?

Pov, I did have this book before in a solid Fine, and I did read it. I'll probably unslab this and put it in Mylar with fullback, which is what I do with most of my books. Personally, I think they look nicer in Mylar than in the CGC case, but that's just me.

Way to go, DD! In feel the same way. I remember when I unslabbed my 9.2 THING #16 (THE rarest pre-code horror wink.gif) I was AMAZED at how much richer and glossier the cover was. (Oh - MY Thing 16 had OW pages - none of that Cream warehouse junk for me! 27_laughing.gif).

But I hear you. All respects to the insightful mind!