• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Undead Thread: Pre-Code Horror
21 21

Favorite Pre-Code Publisher  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Favorite Pre-Code Publisher

10,235 posts in this topic

If you plan on selling, you're doing the right thing - selling the higher dollar books that grade at 6.0 and higher will be easier and bring more slabbed. Lower grades worth over $100- it's maybe a wash at best, and if you have cheaper books, especially if they are less than Fine (6.0) - and you now feel comfortable assigning a grade - leaving them raw will probably save you money when you sell them.

It looks like you have some very nice books - many of which there is good demand for. Be aware that fair market value for these books are not always reflected in the price guides. Some will only fetch half of guide value and others may sell for twice guide (or more!), but they should all be reasonably easy to sell, as horror books are perennially popular.

Hey all - I noticed the prices on Witches Tales seem lower than then the more popular/notable titles, but the covers seem just as gruesome. Maybe more so. Anyhow, this one kind of reminds me of the Startling Terror #11.

1804516-witchestales12.JPG

1804516-witchestales12.JPG.655c67e83e0363ba286a45a2ce1ed421.JPG

Edited by dannyboy

Great book Dannyboy! From what I've noticed, you are right...though there seem to be a few notable exceptions to that rule. I think one of the factors in Harvey prices is the abundance of FILE copies floating around. My two cents-John

Out of the Shadows #8 --Mexican variant NINRI-out.jpg

That's pretty darn cool!!! 893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

Wow! Feels like it has been soo long since my last contribution that I barely remember how to post scans. crazy.gif

Glad to see that the flags of horror were still flying high, and that the thread remained "undead." WOOT! I'm kinda proud of this thread, ya know !? shy.gif

Anyway, where did I leave off....

1829896-weirdh4.jpg

1829896-weirdh4.jpg.a72657a6c1b60f687f932d8f94c00ceb.jpg

Edited by precodekeith

Wow! Feels like it has been soo long since my last contribution that I barely remember how to post scans. crazy.gif

Glad to see that the flags of horror were still flying high, and that the thread remained "undead." WOOT! I'm kinda proud of this thread, ya know !? shy.gif

Anyway, where did I leave off....

1829896-weirdh4.jpg

that is a neat one!

gator

Really? I like it better than the previous one! The dragon is cool and I like the side panels better. True, the previous one was better at providing atmosphere while this one is more in your face but isn't that what we like in comics at times? thumbsup2.gif

It is indeed, especially the detail on the Reaper panel. I wonder if anyone (Scrooge, Adam? wink.gif ) knows the artist? confused-smiley-013.gif

I know exactly which story you are talking about and it's amazingly well done -- probably my favorite St. John horror story. For some reason St. John latched onto a couple artists that were still drawing in the Lou Fine style from the 40s but I don't know who they are. sorry.gif