• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Undead Thread: Pre-Code Horror
21 21

Favorite Pre-Code Publisher  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Favorite Pre-Code Publisher

10,235 posts in this topic

Thought you guys might like this one.

Nope. sumo.gif

Love it smile.gif

I have quite a few pre code HOM/HOS issues, but I just purchased my first precode book in over two years. I won't post the scan since it's been posted here before. cloud9.gif

Don't even think about holding out on us! sumo.gif

Post it or else! mad.gif

Please flowerred.gif

CGC just finished up with these 2. Unfortunately, the bottom right FC of the Venus had a chip hanging by a thread that CGC called and said probably would come off during prescreen. Oh well.

thething13.jpg

venus18.jpg

I have quite a few pre code HOM/HOS issues, but I just purchased my first precode book in over two years. I won't post the scan since it's been posted here before. cloud9.gif

What book hi.gif

The book I bought. poke2.gif

I'll tell you what. I'll post once I get rolling. Adamstrange, your books are sick (in a good way). Pure insane.

Hey, they are filming Indiana Jones 4 here in New Haven CT today where I am working...very cool! I'm walking by the set twice a day!

CGC just finished up with these 2. Unfortunately, the bottom right FC of the Venus had a chip hanging by a thread that CGC called and said probably would come off during prescreen. Oh well.

You should have taped it on poke2.gif

venus18.jpg

That chip is very unsightly. Saying that... takeit.gif27_laughing.gif

You should have taped it on poke2.gif

I was going to staple it on but I don't have any vintage staples. confused-smiley-013.gif

thething13.jpg

Ditko pre-code cloud9.gif

Angelo

That is a great looking book with its Spell, Book, & Candle cover!

But if I had to critique it at all I think that Ditko should have left out the

chubby cheeks with the freckles on that one demon. Kinda makes him less menacing IMO.

Another recent pickup. Wolverton's Robot Woman story is in this one, but partially redrawn and switched around a bit. Recycling his stories seemed to have happened a lot back then. Great Baily cover too. The light creasing sucks, but it's a lot less noticeable in-hand.

mmystery11-1.jpg

thething13.jpg

Angelo

chubby cheeks with the freckles on that one demon. Kinda makes him less menacing IMO.

What you don't understand is that chubby cheeks & freckles scared the 893censored-thumb.gif out of Ditko poke2.gif

Angelo

thething13.jpg

Angelo

What you don't understand is that chubby cheeks & freckles scared the 893censored-thumb.gif out of Ditko poke2.gif

Angelo

This is true....Ditko was also terrified of Howdy Doody....a little known fact about the man.

Scott

Another recent pickup. Wolverton's Robot Woman story is in this one, but partially redrawn and switched around a bit. Recycling his stories seemed to have happened a lot back then. Great Baily cover too. The light creasing sucks, but it's a lot less noticeable in-hand.

mmystery11-1.jpg

Hungry little critters, ain't they? That's their third meal/head! tongue.gif

Love that cover! 893applaud-thumb.gif

And yeah, I notice that too on some of my scans that they really promote certain detracting features that aren't that noticable to the naked eye. mad.gif