• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Undead Thread: Pre-Code Horror
21 21

Favorite Pre-Code Publisher  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Favorite Pre-Code Publisher

10,238 posts in this topic

I was the underbidder.

I paid too much, didn't I? :sorry::foryou:

If you think you paid too much, I would gladly relieve you of it. I just trimmed my wantlist down to the 10 I most wanted right now and that Unseen mummy cover is number 9. I love my mummy! Awesome book.

I was really just :baiting: Buck there since he was the underbidder.

What are your other 9 books? hm

btw: Happy Birthday! :banana:

I got the joke but never hurts to try. My current top ten?:

1. Manhunt 14

2. Amazing Mysteries 33

3. Venus 17

4. Mister Mystery 12

5. Adventures into Weird Worlds 27

6. Marvel Tales 129

7. Thing 15

8. Menace 5

9. Unseen 10

10. Ken Shannon 6

Of course, this list keeps changing the more you guys post your recent additions. Thanks for the B-day wishes. -John

I know someone who is going to pick up a Ken Shannon #6 in the near future, right Jay? :gossip:

Scott

:shy:

I lover spaceships and monsters.

I'm going on vacation soon and plan on picking up one of the new EC Archives to read at the campsite. I should probably let one of my nephews read it one evening before bed. Then let their imagination wonder and play some pranks on them. They never read any horror before but do read lots of Archie books as they have a subscription. Good time to break them into horror comics and have some fun in the process. :insane:

I'm going on vacation soon and plan on picking up one of the new EC Archives to read at the campsite. I should probably let one of my nephews read it one evening before bed. Then let their imagination wonder and play some pranks on them. They never read any horror before but do read lots of Archie books as they have a subscription. Good time to break them into horror comics and have some fun in the process. :insane:

Perfect opportunity to read it TO them around the campfire! (thumbs u

Even spookier memories to be had! :applause:

Can't go wrong by introducing them via Ecs, my friend! (thumbs u

That little run of WSF has outstanding stories and art. Except for the flying saucer issue, which I'm not a fan of due to lack of strong stories, they're all winners! :applause:

That little run of WSF has outstanding stories and art. Except for the flying saucer issue, which I'm not a fan of due to lack of strong stories, they're all winners! :applause:

My fave is the Bradbury "Sound of Thunder" cover. :cloud9:

OK, OK, so I lied. One more Sci-Horror book... :P

Great book :applause: Wish I had seen one at the con.

Angelo

Dude! Wasn't your haul amazing enough as is??!! :baiting:

(worship)

Always room for one more (thumbs u

That's the truth! :banana:

Gotta love that cover!

That pirate skeleton doesn't waste any time with cutting that air hose and hooking into that diver!

That weird fish, octopus and the tomahawk in the skull (with the tentacle coming out of the eyesocket) compliment this cover nicely! :golfclap: