• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Undead Thread: Pre-Code Horror
21 21

Favorite Pre-Code Publisher  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Favorite Pre-Code Publisher

10,238 posts in this topic

I've never really taken an appreciation of the cover.

Looks cool!!! (thumbs u

I wonder if anyone here who can read music can figure out what song he is conducting??? hm(shrug)

Danse Macabre link

Are you serious??!! :o

Night on Bald Mountain? (shrug)

link

Looks cool!!! (thumbs u

I wonder if anyone here who can read music can figure out what song he is conducting??? hm(shrug)

Danse Macabre link

Night on Bald Mountain? (shrug)

link

Nope. Bela Lugosi's Dead

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kq2RXSboWMs

Looks cool!!! (thumbs u

Danse Macabre link

In grade school the Music teacher had a tradition that the 6th grade class was to perform this in front of each class one by one. She would put the record on and we were to enact parts from the music using costumes and props. Me and my friend Ryan were goblins and come out when the music picked up tempo. It was a BLAST scaring those 1st graders was pricelss.

Anyone ever seen a copy of this ??

Super Funnies number TWO published by Superior. It appears to be a horror / satire comic.

It had a four issue run. One was a funny animal 3D format and the other two issues were Western themed.

I'm not a pre-code comic book expert, I've seen my share over the years, but I never even knew this comic existed until I recently saw it on ebay.

Hmmmm.....very interesting.

Anybody know what the interior is like ?? Anyone own a copy ?? Does this qualify as pre-code HORROR, or is it a hybrid SATIRE / HORROR comic ?

superfunnies3-54.jpg

Very Cool! I've not seen that before either - definitely horror satire - an interesting sub-genre - that I guess would include some of the early MADs - at least based on covers.

Even more esoteric would be the horror-satire-GGA hybrid.

Danse Macabre link

Hehe, I thought you were serious about it being Danse Macabre! :blush:

Didn't realize :jokealert:

At least I knew right away that it wasn't Bauhaus. :P

Danse Macabre link

That's why I threw it up there :grin:

Angelo

Danse Macabre link

I know it's not Bauhaus because that's a 20th century German-influenced architectural style. :kidaround:

link

Danse Macabre link

I know it's not Bauhaus because that's a 20th century German-influenced architectural style. :kidaround:

link

doh!

Well I decided to make a list of PCH to track down. I need some focus, I can't have them all... :blush: So with Sterling in mind, I decided to see how close to 10 books I could narrow it down to. No lie, the lowest possible number I got was 88 books! loldoh!

Mine was higher. A lot higher. :tonofbricks:

Well I decided to make a list of PCH to track down. I need some focus, I can't have them all... :blush: So with Sterling in mind, I decided to see how close to 10 books I could narrow it down to. No lie, the lowest possible number I got was 88 books! loldoh!

Mine was higher. A lot higher. :tonofbricks:

I think it's impossible to limit it to ten. Too many great books out there.

Angelo

I was being Incredibly strict, and had to leave harvey off except for BCM50. I have a witches Tales #25, or that would have had to be on there. I am more excited about books I never had before, so my list is slanted towards those. Of course, it may be a pipe dream to keep it so strict. I have no horriffics on there, no Avon, and very few ajax/farrel, which is a company I love.

Since you go for High grades Angelo, we really aren't any competiton to each other. :foryou:

I could post the list...

I was being Incredibly strict, and had to leave harvey off except for BCM50. I have a witches Tales #25, or that would have had to be on there. I am more excited about books I never had before, so my list is slanted towards those. Of course, it may be a pipe dream to keep it so strict. I have no horriffics on there, no Avon, and very few ajax/farrel, which is a company I love.

Since you go for High grades Angelo, we really aren't any competiton to each other. :foryou:

I could post the list...

Not necessarily. It depends on price and funds available. I picked up more than a few mid-grade books at Chicago. They just presented very well for their grade. Of course, I prefer high grade, but I can't always afford it. As for your list, I would use it as a reference for books that I may not be aware of. I do that all the time. Being new to the genre, I'm discovering books everyday I never knew existed. So post away (thumbs u

Angelo