• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Undead Thread: Pre-Code Horror
21 21

Favorite Pre-Code Publisher  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Favorite Pre-Code Publisher

10,226 posts in this topic

picked up this book at preview night at San Diego Con

continuing my quest of the complete The Thing! run,

issue nine lower grade but complete probably 3.0

has graphic SOTI panel of a robot stomping a guys face in yuck!

156544.jpg.4c25470b5f417c0eeb4adb3867d998b8.jpg

"Stomping of the face is a form of brutality which modern children learn early."

Damn those "modern" children! They're so uncivilized, not like those proper old timey children! :insane:

Can't believe what drivel some of these comments were!

"Stomping of the face is a form of brutality which modern children learn early."

Damn those "modern" children! They're so uncivilized, not like those proper old timey children! :insane:

I have fond memories of the playground and my first stomping of the face.

.... yes, it was a huge craze back in the 50's...... everyone was doing it (.... or having it done :insane: )...... and Mom's everywhere were telling their tots to put that lame Duck book back and get a crime or horror book instead ! GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

.... yes, it was a huge craze back in the 50's...... everyone was doing it (.... or having it done :insane: )...... and Mom's everywhere were telling their tots to put that lame Duck book back and get a crime or horror book instead ! GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Lets's stomp some face guys! Then we're on our way over to Lovers Lane to go hurt those suckas! :insane:

the stories in CM Jr. 115 are interesting, in a kinda strange way they were trying to compete with horror comics but stay more fantasy. the main story the thousand eyed idol of doom has Capt Marvel Jr. punching and popping giant eyeballs like I said strange so of course very collectable!

Thanks for the info!

Here it is available for reading at comicbookplus -- enjoy!

Cap Marvel Jr 115 scans

this thread needs a bump

This Magazine is Haunted 21 CDC I picked this up from fellow boardy CongoBill. Just found out we live in the same neighborhood of San Diego.

Ditko + pre code horror + a bunch of shrunken heads on the cover = an absolute gem :applause:

this thread needs a bump

This Magazine is Haunted 21 CDC I picked this up from fellow boardy CongoBill. Just found out we live in the same neighborhood of San Diego.

Steve, it was great meeting you, and it's cool to see the TMIH on here. Looks nice!

For my first contribution to this thread, here is a book I won in the recent ComicConnect auction. I just got it in the mail today. Makes a nice companion for my Strange Tales #28.

Mystic19_zpst0licftf.jpg

this thread needs a bump

Steve, it was great meeting you, and it's cool to see the TMIH on here. Looks nice!

For my first contribution to this thread, here is a book I won in the recent ComicConnect auction. I just got it in the mail today. Makes a nice companion for my Strange Tales #28.

Mystic19_zpst0licftf.jpg

Very nice!

Would be great to see the ST28 also! :wishluck:

Very nice!

Here ya go. Not high grade, but it's one of those books I'm just glad to have. Tough to photograph these slabs - tried to minimize the glare.

StrangeTales28_zpsscd6q5gs.jpg

Great book! If anyone has this one for sale, please drop me a PM. I've been looking for one for years.

Thanks,

Christian

Love this cover, and love Harry Anderson ! Something about his work and what he did with skulls ... wow. Maybe its the eyes (shrug)

Very nice!

Here ya go. Not high grade, but it's one of those books I'm just glad to have. Tough to photograph these slabs - tried to minimize the glare.

StrangeTales28_zpsscd6q5gs.jpg

Great book! If anyone has this one for sale, please drop me a PM. I've been looking for one for years.

Thanks,

Christian

Love this cover, and love Harry Anderson ! Something about his work and what he did with skulls ... wow. Maybe its the eyes (shrug)

Definitely the eyes! For me at least, when eyes are added to a skull it just brings out that freakish contrast of living vs dead. But also the eyes in our shocked victim. His added wide eyed terror filled expression compliments his boney companion so well on this cover! :cloud9:

This cover was a study in eyes and teeth.

Some fresh pick ups from WW Chicago.

This was the last issue I needed for this title.

photo START TERROR 5_zpswat6o6lg.jpg

Nicest colors I have seen on this issue.

photo BEWARE TT 7_zpstx2xfflm.jpg

Finally got a nice copy of this tough issue. Now, all I need is a #105.

photo BLUE BOLT 115_zpslnqv2zsd.jpg

Could not resist this one. Cool 1952 scifi pulp-like cover.

photo SPACE ADVT 2_zpsid5q6jcz.jpg

Had this one slabbed on site.

photo WITCHES TALES 25_zpsi2luw7zp.jpg