• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Undead Thread: Pre-Code Horror
21 21

Favorite Pre-Code Publisher  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Favorite Pre-Code Publisher

10,226 posts in this topic

Great stuff. Is he a good seller to deal with on ebay?

I did post this in the Comics Market section but not a heavy traffic area at times.

Ebay seller comics4less has over 600 pre-code/code horror auctions this week. I don't ever recall this many at one time on eBay from 1 seller.

comics4less horror auctions

Great stuff. Is he a good seller to deal with on ebay?

I did post this in the Comics Market section but not a heavy traffic area at times.

Ebay seller comics4less has over 600 pre-code/code horror auctions this week. I don't ever recall this many at one time on eBay from 1 seller.

comics4less horror auctions

He's very good.

Been buying books (Westerns, Wars, etc.) from him for years. Not the most chatty guy but packaging always quick and secure and grading reasonable for low grades.

Pete goes around buying up collections and tables at shows, and has three or four guys working for him at the warehouse that list, pack and ship stuff. They likely answer the questions as well.

Been buying books (Westerns, Wars, etc.) from him for years. Not the most chatty guy but packaging always quick and secure and grading reasonable for low grades.

This.

There is a feeding frenzy going on...

Indeed...

hm

I have about 60 of his auctions listed in the My eBay page, so looks like I'll be here at the 'puter from 10:30 to about 8 pm Sunday.

Although I fully expect to get outbid on 90% of them, I should still be able to snag a few books, and his sold prices will offer an idea of market values for all of us.

Another thing to consider is that with so much Atlas horror inventory available for liquidation by him in one afternoon/evening, and with a limited number of collectors, there may only be a frenzy for certain books, and not all of them (I hope I hope).

I have about 60 of his auctions listed in the My eBay page, so looks like I'll be here at the 'puter from 10:30 to about 8 pm Sunday.

Although I fully expect to get outbid on 90% of them, I should still be able to snag a few books, and his sold prices will offer an idea of market values for all of us.

Another thing to consider is that with so much Atlas horror inventory available for liquidation by him in one afternoon/evening, and with a limited number of collectors, there may only be a frenzy for certain books, and not all of them (I hope I hope).

I put bids in on about 15 books last night. Prob about 75% of what I'm actually willing to pay on each. Was high bidder on all at that point, and now have been outbid on 2 of them. I imagine I'll watch the rest slowly trickle away over the next few days.

Conan, what is best in life ?

.....to drive your enemies before you, and to hear the lamentation of the underbidders :sumo: GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

so it isn't A fleet bidding finger, CGC slabs at my chest and the wind echoing through my filling paypal account? lol

I put bids in on about 15 books last night. Prob about 75% of what I'm actually willing to pay on each. Was high bidder on all at that point, and now have been outbid on 2 of them. I imagine I'll watch the rest slowly trickle away over the next few days.

I never bid in advance of 6 seconds before the auction closes; I think it's just a waste.

And besides, sniping is like pulling a slot machine handle after you've loaded it with a bet...:wink: