• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Undead Thread: Pre-Code Horror
21 21

Favorite Pre-Code Publisher  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Favorite Pre-Code Publisher

10,226 posts in this topic

53 minutes ago, porcupine48 said:

here's a beater...insides cut up,sigh.

a4786a8f-9301-42cc-8128-984cab5b543d_zps

Insides or not, stick it in a Mylar and enjoy! I love that cover & that has some of the nicest reds I've ever seen on it.

1 hour ago, Point Five said:

Insides or not, stick it in a Mylar and enjoy! I love that cover & that has some of the nicest reds I've ever seen on it.

thank you.I did stick it in a mylar and found a collected volume so I could read the stories.It came in a pile of remainders and 'junk' as my friend called it!

5 hours ago, creaturefan95 said:

What are some PCH stories that have war flashbacks? Are there any tales set in Korea?

Haven't read this one in a while. From the cover it seems to indicate a Korean war type story.

BlueBoltWeird116.jpg

On April 10, 2017 at 10:03 PM, bronze johnny said:

Love the colors on this one!

Agreed!

Purple Claw gets so little respect but I like this short three issue series. I have the Church copy of the number one. Not too high grade, just a Fine I think, but it's the only Mile High book in my collection at the moment. 

Edited by Darth Corgi

Some new books this week. 

I was finally able to add decent copies of this pair to my Precode collection. I've always seen this cover set as a two part story. 

Issue 38: "Witch is Captured!"

Issue 39: : "The Witch will Hang!"

Both covers feature some beautiful Lee Elias linework. The witches hands on 38 really grab me (pun intended).  Very rhythmic drawing, lots of energy, and garish wild coloring adds to the visual frenzy. 

Regarding stories, I found the ones in issue 39 better than 38.

I also included a pic of one of my short box paintings. I decorate each of my comic boxes with a  portrait in either watercolor or ink. Usually it's monsters or a character related to the issues within. 

-Christian

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by Darth Corgi
Spelling

35 minutes ago, Darth Corgi said:

Some new books this week. 

I was finally able to add decent copies of this pair to my Precode collection. I've always seen this cover set as a two part story. 

Issue 38: "Witch is Captured!"

Issue 39: : "The Witch will Hang!"

Both covers feature some beautiful Lee Elias linework. The witches hands on 38 really grab me (pun intended).  Very rhythmic drawing, lots of energy, and garish wild coloring adds to the visual frenzy. 

Regarding stories, I found the ones in issue 39 better than 38.

I also included a pic of one of my short box paintings. I decorate each of my comic boxes with a  portrait in either watercolor or ink. Usually it's monsters or a character related to the issues within. 

-Christian

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Awesome idea and very nice art!