• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC grading prices?

32 posts in this topic

I'm confused here folks.

So if I want to get a comic graded I first have to join the CGC club.

Then it would cost almost $50 to get a modern comic graded?

How in the world are people able to send in 10 or more at a time?

Thanks for any help you can give.

You don't have to join to submit books. Also, isn't modern grading fees about $18?
You do now :rulez:
I just copied this on the how to submit page.

"You may submit comics through a CGC Authorized Dealer, who can help screen your books and answer any questions you may have. To locate a dealer near you, visit the CGC Dealer Locator."

This option isn't available now?

I'm confused here folks.

I think its $18 each, won't be $50 per book. Of course there is shipping there and back, and insurance there and back. So costs can add up a bit. I think you can submit through an authorized dealer and not join.

I'm a big fan of submitting at shows to save the shipping and packing and insurance (at least one way).

Same day received.

I've heard of someone dropping two books off at the offices in person right when they opened in the morning, and they picked them up after lunch. Maybe 4hrs?

Same day received.

I've heard of someone dropping two books off at the offices in person right when they opened in the morning, and they picked them up after lunch. Maybe 4hrs?

Though if I had to guess, you could probably pay them another $1,000 per book and get it back in 1.5hrs. Run-through.

I'm confused here folks.

The $150 premium membership fee gets you a 10% discount on submission prices, and gets you the membership benefits like submission tracking.

The $150 is credited towards CGC submissions, so in essence you are not spending anything on CGC membership.

Below is the rate table for submission fees:

https://www.cgccomics.com/services/Services.aspx

The breakdown on CGC membership options:

https://m.cgccomics.com/join/

Same day received.

The last time I showed up, I got taken out to lunch.

You don't have to join to submit books. Also, isn't modern grading fees about $18?

"You may submit comics through a CGC Authorized Dealer, who can help screen your books and answer any questions you may have. To locate a dealer near you, visit the CGC Dealer Locator."

No

Same day received.

Though if I had to guess, you could probably pay them another $1,000 per book and get it back in 1.5hrs. Run-through.

Bolt-through.

usain-bolt-olympics-relay_3758433.jpg

If you send 15 books "Value" (200 cap) with $25 fee per graded book, and a book gets bumped to "Economy" over $200 value, or "Standard" over $400, does the fee of other 14 books get bumped up as well (since you no longer have the 15 minimum books)? Or still charged at 25 ea.?

I assume the book the one book valued at, say, 300 would have fee raised from $25 (Value) to $35 (Economy) or $60 (Standard) if value ended up over 400?

No
You party pooper. :sumo:

If you send 15 books "Value" (200 cap) with $25 fee per graded book, and a book gets bumped to "Economy" over $200 value, or "Standard" over $400, does the fee of other 14 books get bumped up as well (since you no longer have the 15 minimum books)? Or still charged at 25 ea.?

I assume the book the one book valued at, say, 300 would have fee raised from $25 (Value) to $35 (Economy) or $60 (Standard) if value ended up over 400?

A Value tier book will never be bumped to the Economy tier.

If a Value tier book on a 15 book invoice gets bumped to, say, the Standard or Express tier, you'll only pay the tier difference for that particular book and the rest will remain on the Value tier.

Thank you! Clear and few words.

Plus your use of the parlance has helped substantially. Some of it may even penetrate my skull. Useful because I had around a dozen I was considering to submit for grading and could probably find a few more.