• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comic Books Stores in Denver

37 posts in this topic

I know Mile High is located in Denver but beside the obvious are there any other comic books stores that you would recommend in the Denver area? We will also be in Eagle, Vail and Breckenridge areas. There looks like there are two or three Mile High locations in Denver. Are they comparable or would you recommend one over the other?

I've always liked All Cs Collectibles. That's off in Aurora. Not sure where you're staying, but it shouldn't be too long of a haul to get there. Well, depending on time of day.

The Jason Street Mega Store is the best Mile High Comics shop. Crazy number of comics.

All In a Dream and Kilgore probably aren't the best stops for you.

Colorado Coins, Cards, and Comics is pretty good from what I remember, but I've only been there once and that was a long time ago.

Time Warp in Boulder is a good place to get to if you have time. Boulder is about 45 minutes from Denver.

Thanks for the suggestions! We will be about two hours West of Denver (Breckenridge) for 6 days and in the Cherry Creek area of Denver for three days. I do not think we will make it up to Boulder.

My favorite store to visit when I'm in town is I Want More Comics on 104th Ave.

Mile High Jason street is a great place to visit. Pricey, but they have practically anything you can think of.

I can't believe I forgot about I Want More Comics. Good call there.

Dormian, if you're in the Cherry Creek area, you can hit all of the Denver-area shops with a 30 minute drive. Unfortunately, the Jason Street shop and All Cs are in opposite directions. You can probably hit I Want More and Jason Street in one trip since they're in the same general area (ten miles apart or so).

I won't be there until October. I should be able to visit I Want More Comics, All C's and Jason Street. We plan on visiting the nature and art museum and other than a wedding don't really have any other plans.

FWIW, there's a Comicon in Colorado Springs this weekend.

I just got back from this show, Neal Adams is there but they're really weren't many comic book booths. It was mostly art and costume apparel.

I got that sense, and even told them on their FB page that it seemed they had barely made any mention of actual comics, other than the name. Still, they'll have on-site submissions, which will save me a ton of shipping/insurance, so I'm bringing a box.

I just got back from this show, Neal Adams is there but they're really weren't many comic book booths. It was mostly art and costume apparel.

I got that sense, and even told them on their FB page that it seemed they had barely made any mention of actual comics, other than the name. Still, they'll have on-site submissions, which will save me a ton of shipping/insurance, so I'm bringing a box.

I kept asking on FB when they were going to post their vendor list so I could determine if it was work the time/money to i.e. would there be anyone there selling comics. Never got an answer but kept posting and posting. Finally they answered early last week that they have an app going live and it would have the info.

Could tell from the list it's not worth the money. They are pricing a weekend ticket roughly the same as Denver Comic Con. :screwy:

CGC being there is the only reason I would stop in.

I won't be there until October. I should be able to visit I Want More Comics, All C's and Jason Street. We plan on visiting the nature and art museum and other than a wedding don't really have any other plans.

The nature and art museums are great. I Want More Comics is a great place for back issues from the last 30 years, they also have a tone of Silver and Bronze wall books along with several shelves of graphic novels. Great staff too!

I kept asking on FB when they were going to post their vendor list so I could determine if it was work the time/money to i.e. would there be anyone there selling comics. Never got an answer but kept posting and posting. Finally they answered early last week that they have an app going live and it would have the info.

Could tell from the list it's not worth the money. They are pricing a weekend ticket roughly the same as Denver Comic Con. :screwy:

CGC being there is the only reason I would stop in.

I actually got a dealer badge through an acquaintance at work and got in for free Friday after work. Had I bought a ticket, I would have been :censored:. I also didn't plan on going so I didn't really research this outside what I saw on Facebook, so I was surprised to see CGC there.

My work acquaintance had a costume booth and I was telling her about the lack of comics at "Colorado Springs COMIC Con" and she told me that this was a new con and that not many comic vendors may have known and that next year might be better.

The hype for this show is really about the celebrity appearances. I heard more about the green and pink Power Rangers showing up than anything else. Dean Cain and Jason Mewes are drawing some excitement as well.

There is also a smaller con, Colorado Springs Toy and Comic Con each spring and summer, the show has really grown over the last few years but the comic volume has shrunk, it's more about toys and career cosplayers. Also, Denver Con this year seemed to be short on vintage comic dealers. Don't get me wrong, there were comics there, but nothing like Wizard World Chicago.

Where have all the comics gone? :(

One last thing, if anyone decides to check out the Colorado Springs shows, be warned, many drivers in the Springs think red lights are optional.

I had a couple of good hits at Kilgore books (next to Wax Trax) when my wife and I were in Denver last fall. It's a sci-fi book store, but the few comics they had were cheap.

I agree on the Denver Comic Con this year. We spent more time in line than we did looking and I walked out empty handed. Even worse was the Cheyenne Comic Con. There was a total of two people selling comics and nothing even close to interesting.

It's a shame that the term Comic Con is used in most of these shows as Comics are not the main attraction.

They should advertise what the show is....Instead of Comic Con call them "Celebrity Selfie and Autograph Con".

It's a shame that the term Comic Con is used in most of these shows as Comics are not the main attraction.

They should advertise what the show is....Instead of Comic Con call them "Celebrity Selfie and Autograph Con".

and don't forget the Cosplay, its all about the Cosplay

At least the Denver Comic Con had two booths selling mystery boxes :facepalm: