• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MICRONAUTS cover on ComicLink a few years back...

13 posts in this topic

Hello all,

I recall a few years back ComicLink sold at auction what it described as a 'Stat Cover' for Michael Golden's cover to MICRONAUTS #10.

I missed bidding on it, but I know it ended at $50.00. FIFTY. BUCKS.

Now, having discovered the cover for MICRONAUTS #11 (one issue later) and seeing it as an assembled cover as well, I wonder if ComicLink might have got their description wrong.

Could that auctioned cover have been an assembly of Art pieces (like the Cover for # 11) rather than an assembly of stat copies?

Could the winner of that cover have got an incredible bargain, rather than a mere curiosity?

If the winner of that auction is reading this, I'd REALLY like to know if ComicLink's description was correct. Thanks.

Man, that would be a once in a lifetime event! Can you imagine? But then again, I'm one of the ones that had a really bad experience with Comiclink. I used their "buy it now" option for a sweet vintage Wrightson zombie page from Uncle Bill's Barrel for $2500. Even the wife had given me the approval. I was giddy for a few days but found it strange not to receive any notification so I tried to contact them. They kept given me the run around saying the buyer may have the same piece on another site for sale and they were waiting for varificafion. What a minute - the same one that I bought from your site??? Finally I received a notice seven days later that my recent order has been canceled. I will not do business again with those guys.

I hear that happens with the exchange and you just have to know that going in. I've never had anything but good experiences with their auctions. With those sales, they have the item in hand. With sales on the exchange like you tried, they may not have the item in hand. Think of the exchange as collector to collector but they take a cut for providing the venue and means of exchange.

Hello all,

I recall a few years back ComicLink sold at auction what it described as a 'Stat Cover' for Michael Golden's cover to MICRONAUTS #10.

Now, having discovered the cover for MICRONAUTS #11 (one issue later) and seeing it as an assembled cover as well, I wonder if ComicLink might have got their description wrong.

Could that auctioned cover have been an assembly of Art pieces (like the Cover for # 11) rather than an assembly of stat copies?

Could the winner of that cover have got an incredible bargain, rather than a mere curiosity?

If the winner of that auction is reading this, I'd REALLY like to know if ComicLink's description was correct. Thanks.

I think it's unlikely? One would think the owner or the house would have known. I guess any things possible

Man, that would be a once in a lifetime event! Can you imagine? But then again, I'm one of the ones that had a really bad experience with Comiclink. I used their "buy it now" option for a sweet vintage Wrightson zombie page from Uncle Bill's Barrel for $2500. Even the wife had given me the approval. I was giddy for a few days but found it strange not to receive any notification so I tried to contact them. They kept given me the run around saying the buyer may have the same piece on another site for sale and they were waiting for varificafion. What a minute - the same one that I bought from your site??? Finally I received a notice seven days later that my recent order has been canceled. I will not do business again with those guys.

A lot of that has to do with the consigner. I bought a piece listed in the exchange direct from the owner via CAF over half a decade and the last time I checked (within the last year) the piece was still listed on the exchange because the consigner never took the piece down.

A lot of that has to do with the consigner. I bought a piece listed in the exchange direct from the owner via CAF over half a decade and the last time I checked (within the last year) the piece was still listed on the exchange because the consigner never took the piece down.

Agreed. The exchange program has its flaws for sure – this being the biggest. I can’t complain as I was able to get a piece via the exchange. Would probably be better if CL advertised the art in such a way where you could express interest in buying as opposed to giving the impression that the piece is definitely available for purchase.

Have you notified them?

Have you notified them?

No I am sure they would take it down if I did. I sold the piece a few years back myself.

Hello all,

I think it's unlikely? One would think the owner or the house would have known. I guess any things possible

I think you give the auction houses way too much credit..... I bought 2 higher end 5 figure covers over the past 2 years at auction and both covers were listed as the main figure being ALL STAT...(nothing else written after that) I believed both times they got the description WRONG....(I'd never ever seen this art before they showed up at auction by the way) I won both covers at good deals...and both covers (from 2 different auctions in 2015 and 2016) had the main figure completely drawn under the stats... it takes exactly 2 seconds to hold a cover up to a light to see if the original is under the stat...;)

You can see the cuts that made the two foreground figures a separate piece, and I think the Karza figure is separate, too. I can't say if those three figures are 'art' or 'stats.' Can't see brushstrokes.

Can't say if the background is art, either.