• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Heads Up on Sales to: 600 Markley Street Port Reading, NJ 07064
2 2

83 posts in this topic

They tried this with me...

They bought a $300 sweater then they asked me to ship to the address:

600 Markley Street, suite 066663, Port Reading, NJ 07064

They altered the original address in ebay so that you would have to change the address to the New Jersey address yourself...

Once you do this, you are no longer eligible for seller protection

So I just backed off the deal, and issued a refund.

It's not worth it, and they're basically committing mail fraud.

Ship From:

Texas Traders Clothing & Accessories
http://texas-traders.com
New Braunfels, TX
78130-8119, United States

Ship To:

Aleksandr Kuznetsov
600 Markley StSuite 088207
Port Reading, NJ
07064-1813, United States

Checking with the Post Office tomorrow, I have email and a telephone I was going to confirm the order with. 

Tel. | 8143221362
Date Ordered | 31 May 2017 00:50:12 
IP Address | 24.252.81.35
Order Source | Storefront
Payment Method | PayPal powered by Braintree

On 5/30/2017 at 9:26 PM, Texas Traders Clothing & Acc. said:

Ship From:

Texas Traders Clothing & Accessories
http://texas-traders.com
New Braunfels, TX
78130-8119, United States

Ship To:

Aleksandr Kuznetsov
600 Markley StSuite 088207
Port Reading, NJ
07064-1813, United States

Checking with the Post Office tomorrow, I have email and a telephone I was going to confirm the order with. 

Tel. | 8143221362
Date Ordered | 31 May 2017 00:50:12 
IP Address | 24.252.81.35
Order Source | Storefront
Payment Method | PayPal powered by Braintree

How can this continue?  Can't ebay write code to eliminate this shipping address from their site?  Can't the police shut this problem down - god they have a physical address to track the crooks down?  Shipping companies can't flag this warehouse as a problem and refuse to deliver?

On 9/2/2016 at 7:53 AM, GM8 said:

I don't get it. Can someone change the shipping address post-order and the seller be responsible for it?

I know a few years ago UPS would allow address changes after product was shipped. I remember selling an expensive weight set a few years ago, and I kind of freaked when I noticed the buyer changed his shipping address after I shipped it out. Luckly after sweating it out for a few days the buyer was legit,as the new address was his office. So yeah as far as I know the buyer can change UPS shipping address after we sellers ship the product.

Edited by ComicConnoisseur

2 minutes ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

I know a few years ago UPS would allow address changes after product was shipped. I remember selling an expensive weight set a few years ago, and I kind of freaked when I noticed the buyer changed his shipping address after I shipped it out. Luckly after sweating it out for a few days the buyer was legit. So yeah as far as I know the buyer can change UPS shipping address after we sellers ship the product.

I've had to several times. After dropping off at a con for CGC lol I don't know if my writing is horrible or what! Some will have my address done up correct! but other's of the same drop off (signed at a later date) will have a letter backwards or since I live on a DR. (Drive) sometimes it will say RD (road) or ST (Street) or even AVE (Avenue) instead :) 

I've always called UPS and told them the correct address etc then cross my fingers and pray, so far they've all showed up :) 

The address was under investigation when I pursued it in "2016".  That is all I was told. 

Edited by Buzzetta

On 12/26/2016 at 11:05 PM, Buzzetta said:

It took almost three months but I received my money...

Screen%20Shot%202016-12-26%20at%2011.02.13%20PM.png

@thehumantorch My question is this... is the person who stole the credit card on the hook for that $50 or did PayPal eat the money?   I am glad that I was made whole, but part of me suspects that PayPal probably told the woman that they are charging her CC company and that the fight is now between her and her CC. 

1 hour ago, Buzzetta said:

@thehumantorch My question is this... is the person who stole the credit card on the hook for that $50 or did PayPal eat the money?   I am glad that I was made whole, but part of me suspects that PayPal probably told the woman that they are charging her CC company and that the fight is now between her and her CC. 

Not sure, I'd guess they try to recover the money and if they can't they eat it.

I cannot believe that ebay and paypal and the local authorities are all aware of this scam address.  I just got beat out of 3,800. when someone hacked my ebay account and changed the delivery address to the scam address (600 Markley Port Reading NJ).  Ebay passed the address onto Paypal who has it as a verified address and my 3 coins were delivered to the crooks.  I have made 900 purchases on ebay and this was just another one.  Ebay is telling me its my fault for not checking every transaction I place in mimute detail.  I did what ebau told me to do and did a buy it now but somehow they let someone into their system to change my delivery address.  They won't do anything to help me get my money back.  So much for their worry free money back guarantee.  They had no problem earning fees on the 900 purchases I made with them but when I have my first problem they will do nothing other than transfer you from department to department and back again trying to wear you down.   After spending 6 figures with them they totally blow you off and tell you its your fault.  They don't even make sense with their explanations.  You get one from customer service, one from account break-ins, one from the resolution center etc etc etc.  Buyer beware ebay give you no support when you need it.  They keep telling me to take it up with paypal and I will but I think they should be doing all this legwork since I placed order with them.  They have no integrity or customer loyalty whatsover.   Don't trust ebay unless you are buying something for 99 cents.  THey pretty much have become an online 99 cent store.  I wish I know how to go after them or get this story out but I don't.  4 grand of my hard earned dollars out the window.  Ebay got their fees, paypal got their fees, vendor got his money, russian crooks got the money and I was made a fool of.  Pls be careful you are not dealing with honorable people.

jim

Just now, Pitboss said:

Sounds like you need to contact law enforcement.

this is why I try to pay for everything using a credit card, even with Paypal.  If they don't listen, the CC companies do.

Here's a podcast episode discussing this topic:

https://gimletmedia.com/episode/99-black-hole-new-jersey/

As others have noted in this thread, the 600 Markley Street address is for a shipping company that forwards freight to customers in Russia, Ukraine, and other eastern bloc countries. Fraudulent buyers operating out of those countries use this shipping company for many of their purchases.

2 hours ago, paulitsjmp said:

I cannot believe that ebay and paypal and the local authorities are all aware of this scam address.  I just got beat out of 3,800. when someone hacked my ebay account and changed the delivery address to the scam address (600 Markley Port Reading NJ).  Ebay passed the address onto Paypal who has it as a verified address and my 3 coins were delivered to the crooks.  I have made 900 purchases on ebay and this was just another one.  Ebay is telling me its my fault for not checking every transaction I place in mimute detail.  I did what ebau told me to do and did a buy it now but somehow they let someone into their system to change my delivery address.  They won't do anything to help me get my money back.  So much for their worry free money back guarantee.  They had no problem earning fees on the 900 purchases I made with them but when I have my first problem they will do nothing other than transfer you from department to department and back again trying to wear you down.   After spending 6 figures with them they totally blow you off and tell you its your fault.  They don't even make sense with their explanations.  You get one from customer service, one from account break-ins, one from the resolution center etc etc etc.  Buyer beware ebay give you no support when you need it.  They keep telling me to take it up with paypal and I will but I think they should be doing all this legwork since I placed order with them.  They have no integrity or customer loyalty whatsover.   Don't trust ebay unless you are buying something for 99 cents.  THey pretty much have become an online 99 cent store.  I wish I know how to go after them or get this story out but I don't.  4 grand of my hard earned dollars out the window.  Ebay got their fees, paypal got their fees, vendor got his money, russian crooks got the money and I was made a fool of.  Pls be careful you are not dealing with honorable people.

jim

Sorry Jim.  Once again, why can't ebay and/or paypal write some code to search for this address in their transactions and prevent this?  Why can't the delivery companies flag this address as a fraud and hold all deliveries?  And I know the answer is they can't but they can't be bothered.

4 hours ago, mycomicshop said:

As others have noted in this thread, the 600 Markley Street address is for a shipping company that forwards freight to customers in Russia, Ukraine, and other eastern bloc countries. Fraudulent buyers operating out of those countries use this shipping company for many of their purchases.

3 hours ago, thehumantorch said:

Sorry Jim.  Once again, why can't ebay and/or paypal write some code to search for this address in their transactions and prevent this?  Why can't the delivery companies flag this address as a fraud and hold all deliveries?  And I know the answer is they can't but they can't be bothered.

I'm guessing the company also forwards legitimate freight for customers.

14 minutes ago, BlowUpTheMoon said:

I'm guessing the company also forwards legitimate freight for customers.

Absolutely, if you listen to the one podcast linked in this thread they interview an executive of the company and she's horrified.  If all the delivery companies refuse to deliver to them they'd be destroyed.