• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fan Expo 2016

30 posts in this topic

The Super Fan Comic Con was a horrendous show, but I did really well. I sold a fair amount, made a new customer that has spent about 50K on books with me since, and also bought a really great collection with a smattering of really nice gold and silver books.

Ah, the Super Fan Comic Con. :cloud9:

The Super Fan Comic Con was a horrendous show, but I did really well. I sold a fair amount, made a new customer that has spent about 50K on books with me since, and also bought a really great collection with a smattering of really nice gold and silver books.

Ah, the Super Fan Comic Con. :cloud9:

That had disaster written all over it. A bunch of people no one knows deciding to do a show to compete with the Expo at a similar price point and zero credibility, and practically no one came... you could bowl done the aisles.

It's tough enough trying to make a go of it here as it is when people do know you, which is why Rob has been able to build his brand at a basic collector's level and is a success story.

I'm glad to hear that one person made something out of that Superfan fiasco.

Peter doesn't put on a monthly comics only show, he did for a while, but stopped. Every so often he says he'll start it up again. I would set up if he did. There's another semi-monthly dealers only show at Wilson and Jane, Toronto Comic Book Show for the hardcore book collectors and that has built up a decent reputation as a buying show. The last time outsiders tried to stage events here they didn't go so well, like Wizard or that SuperFan Comic Con fiasco at the ex a few years back.

Kevin: Agreed, would be the first I've heard of Pete putting on a show and working as closely with him as I do nowadays you'd think he'd have told me first.

Sorry, I didn't realize he stopped putting on that show.

I think so, looked finished - maybe some painting left to do.

They are going to be renovating the basement soon, which is where all the vintage back issues will be.

The upstairs is open now ? Heard there was an upstairs section opening up

Last time I spoke to Peter and Doug they said they main floor and extension of the basement will be it, but if they decide to open up another level that would be amazing! I assume they will turn it into an office or rent it out as an apartment.