• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Seven to Eternity Thread
2 2

205 posts in this topic

Yeah but Monstress and 72E are both excellently written and illustrated.

It went 3 printings for #1 so far, people are reading it but the book was nearly $20 out the gate........

Pains me to say so, I'm a big Remender fan, but this isn't that well written (yet), and the story is thus far nothing special. We know he's capable of both feats - Deadly Class is better in almost every way than this book and no one cares too much about it even with potential for a television show.

This book is rising on 1) the art, 2) the 'dream team' attached to it - namely, the potential. And that's why I'm still reading it too, these guys are capable of great things.

That's my thoughts as well after reading it. I thought the art was stunning, but the writing not to so much. Honestly reminds me a one of the hot "Image" books from the 90s.

I really like the book. The art is stunning. I appreciate Remender's adherence to the lost art of character development. A storm is brewing, and I want to be in the middle of it.

Is there a reason that cover 1a is worth so much more than the others (not blank)?

I think it was mentioned, previously, that the 1A print run was around 6k. Would like to find out what the print run was for the Blank, too.

Is there a reason that cover 1a is worth so much more than the others (not blank)?

I think it was mentioned, previously, that the 1A print run was around 6k. Would like to find out what the print run was for the Blank, too.

I believe that at the time of release, the Blank was the one that was going for the highest with the belief that it was the rarest of the initial 4 covers. It was absolutely the one I saw the least around town. Also, I don't understand why covers B and C would be higher print, especially with many stores only ordering cover A's to books.

I believe that at the time of release, the Blank was the one that was going for the highest with the belief that it was the rarest of the initial 4 covers. It was absolutely the one I saw the least around town. Also, I don't understand why covers B and C would be higher print, especially with many stores only ordering cover A's to books.

Baffling, in general, that some may want the blank cover above all others considering some of the cover art. The collecting bug is strong.

Baffling, in general, that some may want the blank cover above all others considering some of the cover art. The collecting bug is strong.

Normally, I'd agree, but I guess there's a case to be made for people wanting the blank for future sketches or commissioned OA. After my last post I looked it up and saw this: http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=seven+to+eternity+1+d&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&_osacat=63&_from=R40&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC2.A0.H0.Xseven+to+eternity+1+blank.TRS1&_nkw=seven+to+eternity+1+blank&_sacat=63 ... followed that with a search on sold listings of covers B and C, and most of those are $20 and under. Still pretty baffling, I agree.

I don't know if this has been brought up, is the Image Expo Preview considered the first appearance of Seven to Eternity? I was there for the presentation and was blown away by it, unfortunately never picked up the first issue. I had the opportunity to have all the artist and writers of new books coming out sign three copies of the preview issue.

e48f6c61-52fe-4b16-8dc0-112171cfac56_zps7fuinzcv.jpg

Probably because if you remove the blank ($40-50 value) you have a 1A ($75-100 value). I would be really cautious purchasing a raw 1A on eBay now.

Edited by ygogolak

Probably because if you remove the blank ($40-50 value) you have a 1A ($75-100 value). I would be really cautious purchasing a raw 1A on eBay now.

I have the blank copy, and it is just a piece of Bristol board stapled over the 1A cover. Not sure how cutting it off would affect the staples, and tightness of the book. On the other hand it does a great job protecting the cover underneath. So likely a high grade cover. I have also notice after seeing several of the blank covers, the Bristol board does tend to split where it is folded at the spine. It does not go all the way through, but you can tell the finish is damaged.

Interesting, yes, I was wondering how the staples would be if the blank was removed.

I first noticed this when Green Lantern #17 New 52 was hot. I was picking up blanks cheap and saw the inside regular cover. I think it's pretty typical industry wide.

My A copy is legit since i brought it at my LCS but I suspect some sellers are already doing this. i see to many copies and when i sold a blank cover 1 month ago wich had a nasty crease in one corner , the buyer asked me if the crease affected the inside pages , i checked and it didn´t so i guess he removed the blank carton and now he is selling an "A cover" :( .

Edited by Mijael.Levy

Personally, I think the reason Cover A did better for Issue 1 was purely for the Opena art. It is beautiful. When Rich offered it up in his thread for pre-order last fall, everyone wanted cover A and hardly anyone wanted B and C. He had to do a wait list for cover A. I think the art drove that cover and the print run wasn't real high.