• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

new California law for signed memorabilia

30 posts in this topic

Only if listed previous owners names and addresses.

Which of course isn't happening. Good luck enforcing this new law.

When NY passed a law about selling stuff without COAs, most people flouted it. Then the Tax Division started pulling people's resale permits, effectively putting them out of business. There are still some mom and pop shops not in compliance certainly, but the forgery factories seem to be gone.

Is offering an item on ebay that someone in CA might buy "nonexclusively" offering items for sale "in" CA?

I think so. Some exotic leather retailers won't ship to Ca, even though caiman and alligator are currently legal, just because the ban has been looming for a while now.

So I have some autographed book I sell for $2.99 because it has no COA and not a big name and ship to CA, someone can decide it may not be real and then sue me for treble damages and atty fees?

So I have some autographed book I sell for $2.99 because it has no COA and not a big name and ship to CA, someone can decide it may not be real and then sue me for treble damages and atty fees?

That sounds like a legal question. hm

has to be valued at over $5

But what if something is valued under five dollars, changes hands for years, and then increases in value to $6.50? lol